Vikings VS Redskins Predictions

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

losperros
Commissioner

Re: Vikings VS Redskins Predictions

Post by losperros »

Mothman wrote:Man, people are really drinking the purple Kool-Aid! That's cool... this is a Vikings board, after all. The Vikes might win by 2+ scores if RGIII doesn't play but even then, I doubt it. I'll be very surprised if this isn't a close game.

I'll be surprised, too. The upcoming game makes me nervous.

OTOH, all the games make me nervous until they're over. :D
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

I'm thinkin that RGIII is gonna play and he's gonna be a handful. He's the first mobile QB the Vikes D has faced this year so it will be a good test. You almost need to have a defender spy him at all times, for sure in the redzone. So who's responsibility will that be? Brinkley? Greenway? That matchup will be one of the keys to the game.

Our run D has been great so far, but I think this could be the game where they falter a little bit. Evan Royster ran for a lot of yards against us last year and this season Alfred Morris is looking pretty good for them. Shanahan is a wizard when it comes to RBs and the running game so it's gonna be tough for the Vikings to contain that for four quarters.

I think our offense matches up pretty well against their D. Should be a good day for that group and continued progress for Ponder. Peterson is gonna be fired up for this one, just watch.

This will be a close one. I think our D might get roughed up a little but they'll manage to get the win 31-28
Infinity
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Infinity »

I hope RG3 plays to test our D. I wanna see how good they really are...
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

On the road, i think we lose by 7

Vikes 17
Skins 24

I hate the Skins, lived there for 6 years. I really hope im wrong.
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

Hope vikings dont have a letdown after a big win. We will see how focused frazier has this team.
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

FWIW, Washington has been installed as a favorite in this game, by 2-3 points. But they are generally overrated by the odds makers, I think going 1-4 against the spread. It's the type of game that a team that is headed towards the playoffs wins, and a team that has been lucky loses.

So it's a good barometer for the season. If the Vikes win, it will be four in a row, and two on the road, and three as underdogs. If the Vikes lose, then we are exposed a bit. But really, we are back where we hoped we would be as the season started: As a mildly inconsistent team in a rebuilding year that hoped to flirt with the .500 mark. And we would have taken that just four short weeks ago (i.e. before our hopes have been raised by the last three victories).

Oh. Since it is a prediction thread. I think the team has played three games in a row as if it was a team heading to the playoffs, and none of the wins looked particularly fluky. As such, this is a game that they should win by more than a TD.

Vikings 27-17
Lash Man
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Lash Man »

Mothman wrote:Man, people are really drinking the purple Kool-Aid! That's cool... this is a Vikings board, after all. The Vikes might win by 2+ scores if RGIII doesn't play but even then, I doubt it. I'll be very surprised if this isn't a close game.
I was only half serious Mothman , I think it will be a dogfight and if RG3 plays it will be very tough on our defense .
LETS GO VIKINGS ! :rock:
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Lash Man wrote:I was only half serious Mothman , I think it will be a dogfight and if RG3 plays it will be very tough on our defense .
That's how I'm seeing it too, although I hope the people predicting a big win for the Vikes are right!
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

Infinity wrote:After coming off a blowout victory over the titans, how will things play out against the Redskins?
I thought I would post this while it is still true. :wink: The Titans are giving the Steelers all they can handle tonight. Maybe they aren't as bad as we made them look. Of course, the Steelers are pretty banged up tonight, losing at least two offensive linemen.
Noxage
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Noxage »

17-13 Skins :(

Seems like a time where a team experiencing new success might need a bit of a reality check.

Obviously hope I'm wrong!
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

The Redskins will throw 2 interceptions. 1 by Winfield, 1 by Smith.
If RG3 plays, he will be extra cautious in the pocket, and will make bad decisions.
Peterson runs wild for 130+ yards.
Vikings 27, Redskins 16
cstelter
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by cstelter »

Purplemania wrote: Have you been wrong all year so far? If you have, I'd be more confident in the Vikes winning :D
From what I saw, he only correctly predicted a win against TEN and a loss to the Colts. Of course he only saw us beating TEN by 7 and thought IND would beat us by 13. That doesn't mean he's wrong here though, but it seems we all hope he is wrong (including himself).
Craig S
dkoby
All Pro Elite Player

Post by dkoby »

If the Vikes play a soft 2 deep zone on defense like they did against the Lions, I like our ability to match up against anybody's run game. Make RG3 prove he is a good passer. I think our youth and speed in the front 7 can hold their own. Look for Harrison to have a lot of tackles and maybe a forced fumble or 2. Dare the Skins to throw.

Vikes 31
Skins 21

My shades are tinting purple again.
The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds,the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps.
Elenore Roosevelt. 1945
petev_sj
Veteran

Post by petev_sj »

I do believe in this defense. This is the tightest group we've seen in quite a while. They know where to line up. They know which gap to cover.

Vikings: 27
Skins: 13
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

I would really hate to see RG3 beat us by runing alot, since he got hurt last week by running. I sure hope we have a spy on him every play.