How many wins this year?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

What will the Vikings regular season record be?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:56 pm

6-10
10%
7-9
2%
8-8
17%
9-7
17%
10-6
29%
11-5
15%
12-4 or better
10%

Total votes: 41

canadaviking08
Franchise Player

Re: How many wins this year?

Post by canadaviking08 »

Purple bruise wrote:You have got to love this :!:

http://oi50.tinypic.com/wbujkm.jpg
that is awesome :rofl:
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Purple bruise wrote:You have got to love this :!:

http://oi50.tinypic.com/wbujkm.jpg

:rofl:
PurpleJarl
Starter

Post by PurpleJarl »

Okay correct me if I am wrong but I look at every team we play the rest of the year (apart from Houston) and I see high octane offenses or at least offense that require the throw and getting into a rhythm GB CHI STL DET SET ARI.

With the way our offense is built around short passing, running the ball and moving the chains I see great success in everyone of these games. I can think of several instances this year alone were we had the ball for 15-20 minutes straight in the middle of game, with a long drive, a 3 and out for the Defense, then another long drive.

Basically, I feel like we are built to beat teams like this. With the exception of Houston, and STL when jackson is on, I dont see anyone with a running game. IMO this means not only a ToP win but disrupting opposing team offense by keeping them off the field for long periods of time.

Whether I give credit to Les for building a team to do this, or if this is just the way the chips fell IDK yet.

thoughts?

Slainte.
vikesfan87
All Pro Elite Player

Post by vikesfan87 »

Oct @ Was W 5-1
Oct ARI L 5-2
Oct TB (thu night) W 6-2
Nov @ Sea L 6-3
Nov DET L 6-4
bye
Nov @ Chi L 6-5
Dec @ gb L 6-6
Dec CHI W 7-6
Dec @ stl W 8-6
Dec @ hou L8-7
Dec GB L 8-8
Rus
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Rus »

PurpleJarl wrote:Okay correct me if I am wrong but I look at every team we play the rest of the year (apart from Houston) and I see high octane offenses or at least offense that require the throw and getting into a rhythm GB CHI STL DET SET ARI.
I see them doing well too. I can see them easily dropping the two against Chicago and the Arizona game. I think they might drop the Texans game as well and split the GB series, which should take them to 10-6. The Seattle game is close, but the Vikings offense will be able to move the ball better against the Seattle defense. Lynch vs. Peterson, Ponder vs. Wilson...and Sidney Rice is just about due for his yearly owee. I see that one being a kicker duel.
-Rus
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleJarl wrote:Okay correct me if I am wrong but I look at every team we play the rest of the year (apart from Houston) and I see high octane offenses or at least offense that require the throw and getting into a rhythm GB CHI STL DET SET ARI.

With the way our offense is built around short passing, running the ball and moving the chains I see great success in everyone of these games. I can think of several instances this year alone were we had the ball for 15-20 minutes straight in the middle of game, with a long drive, a 3 and out for the Defense, then another long drive.

Basically, I feel like we are built to beat teams like this. With the exception of Houston, and STL when jackson is on, I dont see anyone with a running game. IMO this means not only a ToP win but disrupting opposing team offense by keeping them off the field for long periods of time.
The Bears are ranked just 2 spots behind the Vikings in rushing offense and are averaging 30+ rushing attempts per game and 123 yards rushing per game so I don't think they fit in with some of the other teams you mentioned above.They're a pretty balanced team right now and they're actually better in Time of Possession than the Vikings (and we're talking about a team with 5 defensive TDs this year).

The Seahawks don't fit the mold you mentioned above either. They are a running team with a nasty defense and a pretty weak passing game. They average over 140 ypg on the ground.

I think the Vikes probably are built to beat quite a few of their remaining opponents so it will be interesting to see how they fare. I see several defenses on the schedule that might give the Vikings offense serious problems, including Chicago, Houston, Seattle and Arizona. St. Louis' defense could be trouble too. As a team, i'd say the Bears and Texans present the biggest matchup problems.

I honestly don't see a "gimme" remaining on the schedule, although I'd say all of the games are winnable. I don't think the Vikes will win them all but if they keep playing like they have been lately, they should have a good chance to win every game.

I think we'll get a better read on the team after this week's game. I expect the Vikes to be a strong home team this season so it's how they perform on the road that may determine the tale of their season.

Jim
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

Mothman wrote: The Bears are ranked just 2 spots behind the Vikings in rushing offense and are averaging 30+ rushing attempts per game and 123 yards rushing per game so I don't think they fit in with some of the other teams you mentioned above.They're a pretty balanced team right now and they're actually better in Time of Possession than the Vikings (and we're talking about a team with 5 defensive TDs this year).
Not to mention that Forte was injured part way through game 2 and just came back in this last game. Their rushing will most likely improve.
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

its not how you start, its how you finish. i still think bears, packers, cowboys, lions, finish strong.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

I have this sick feeling in my stomach saying this season will be eerily similar to the 2003 when the Vikings jumped out to a 6-0 start only to finish 9-7... I really hope I am wrong, but I cannot help but think it will not end as pretty as it starts.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

the vikings beat one good team who didnt take vikings seriously and thought they would steamroll them. vikings are good at home. not sure about the road. vikings are average on offense and defense. 8-8 :smilevike:
indianation65
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by indianation65 »

10/6, with one extra win I may not expect making it 11/5, or one extra loss I may not expect making it 9/7.

losses: 10/6
Colts
Redskins
Seahawks
Bears-1
Packers-1
Texans

One surprise win...Redskins making it 11/5
One surprise loss...Rams making it 9/7
Redskins and Rams could easily be inverted either way.

...wisdom through no one can really predict anything based on everything
...spirits in the wind and the trees
Infinity
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Infinity »

80 PurplePride 84 wrote:Oct @ Was. W.
Oct ARI W
Oct TB W
Nov @ Sea L - Seattle is tough at home.
Nov DET W
bye
Nov @ Chi L
Dec @ gb L
Dec CHI L
Dec @ stl W
Dec @ hou L
Dec GB L

I picked 9-7. I could see us splitting with GB and CHI but at the same time its possible they slip up against 1 or 2 of WAS/ARZ/TB/DET/STL. That's just how the Vikings are.
Great predictions. Exactly my thoughts. Thanks for sharing
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

Dont talk about playoffs ???????
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

akvikingsfan wrote:On September 5th I posted

Going back further, on May 3rd I stated

Now today, reading what I had previously stated, I must amend both picks. Clearly, we are not going to start off 9-0. We have already lost one game. However, by the time we get to our bye week I believe we will be sitting at 8-1 or 7-2. What I disagree with is the total wins that I predicted. I had said in one post that we would win between 6 and 10 most likely wining 9. In the other post I stated that we would go 10-6 winning only 1 game after the bye. After the first 5 games of the season and seeing how "complete" our team looks I'm going to say that we go 11-5 making the playoffs and resting key players in the last game of the season either because we have no chance of moving up to a higher seed as a division winner or we have already clinched a wildcard and have no chance of winning the division.

@ Was - W
ARI -W
TB (thu night) - L (we always seem to lose during prime time games)
@ Sea - W (I'll be at this game and we have not lost a regular season game that I have attended)
DET - W
bye (8-2)
@ Chi - W (with the bye week to prep I think we win this game)
@ gb - L
CHI - W
@ stl - W
@ hou - L
GB - L
Final - 11-5
Well I was a little off with which games we would win and lose, but if you average my 3 predictions it comes out to 10-6. Also, I'd like to point out that my original prediction back in May was for a 10-6 record. Now I hope we go deep in the playoffs and pull some upsets and get our first W in the only game that matters.