Couple things

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Couple things

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Does anyone have a link to the play where Harrison Smith was ejected? Of course they didn't play any replays at the game.

What was up with Tennessee calling time outs at the end of the game? I think they should have had Webb throw it deep rather than give it to Gerhart after that. what benefit do they possible get by doing that? Stat padding?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Juice
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Couple things

Post by Juice »

"They say no matter how hard you work, there's always someone, somewhere working harder than you. Guess what? I'm that someone." -Kevin Garnett
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Oh yeah, that was stupid. Hopfully he won't be suspended, although I think Frasier should bench him for a series next week.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

Correct call. Cant touch a ref like that. Its refreshing to see that fire though.

Why the heck was Goodell in MN for our game?
FailedtoOpen
All Pro Elite Player

Post by FailedtoOpen »

yezzir wrote:Correct call. Cant touch a ref like that. Its refreshing to see that fire though.

Why the heck was Goodell in MN for our game?
It is the correct call, but having your hand around the collar of a players shoulder pad is probably a bad place to have it. It looks dangerously close to his throat.
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

FailedtoOpen wrote: It is the correct call, but having your hand around the collar of a players shoulder pad is probably a bad place to have it. It looks dangerously close to his throat.
True. Ref shouldnt have had his hand there. It seems kinda aggressive.

Correct call either way.
Sutsgold
Starter

Post by Sutsgold »

Smith is great. I wish everyone would play with such passion. In the short time he played today he was everywhere. Last week he sent a message to megatron that its not safe to be in the middle of the field as long as he is out there. That will have a lasting impact for years to come. I cant wait until he unloads on brandon marshall and greg jennings.
novellahub
Transition Player

Post by novellahub »

Safety Harrison Smith took full responsibility for his actions after being ejected in the second quarter of the Minnesota Vikings' 30-7 victory over the Tennessee Titans on Sunday at the Metrodome.

Smith received a 15-yard penalty and was ejected for grabbing back judge Steve Freeman and pushing him to the side after cornerback Antoine Winfield picked off a Matt Hasselbeck pass.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Harr ... upid100712
Joe
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Juice wrote:Image
Do you have a link to the injury of the Titans RB toward the end of the game? Or was it too brutal?
Juice
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Juice »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Do you have a link to the injury of the Titans RB toward the end of the game? Or was it too brutal?
No I don't, sorry. Someone sent that Smith gif to Tom Peliserro on Twitter so that's where I got that.

Edit: I take that back. Play is at :25 http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=321007016
"They say no matter how hard you work, there's always someone, somewhere working harder than you. Guess what? I'm that someone." -Kevin Garnett
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Do you have a link to the injury of the Titans RB toward the end of the game? Or was it too brutal?

Too me, that ref went over the line with having his arm pushing into the area of Smith's throat. As he was being shoved back he reacted in the heat of the moment and pushed the ref's hand away. Should have he done it, probably not but the ref kept pushing him back a long ways past were he should have. I doubt, after a review by the autorities, that they will dole out too severe of a penalty.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Purple bruise wrote:
Too me, that ref went over the line with having his arm pushing into the area of Smith's throat. As he was being shoved back he reacted in the heat of the moment and pushed the ref's hand away. Should have he done it, probably not but the ref kept pushing him back a long ways past were he should have. I doubt, after a review by the autorities, that they will dole out too severe of a penalty.
Smith was still engaging with the Titans player. Wasn't paying attention to the ref at all, jawing the entire way, even after he pushes the ref he continues to stand his ground/move back toward the Titans player. The ref was trying to get him away from the situation and he was refusing to disengage.