Titans @ Vikings Gameday Discussion Thread -- Week 5

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Re: Titans @ Vikings Gameday Discussion Thread -- Week 5

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Just Me wrote: If he plays for 42 years, he'll surpass Peterson!
I can't help myself in making fun of this guy.

A couple of years ago, they did a feature article on him in Sports Illustrated. He's so freaking arrogant. Was talking like he was simply unstoppable. Holds out for a hundred kajillion dollars, then runs like the China doll he is.

Enjoy your guaranteed money, CJ. It's all you're ever going to see.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
DarthBrooks
Transition Player

Post by DarthBrooks »

PsyDanny wrote:
Speaking of .... has Demi gone missing lately, or have I had too may beverages to notice?
At one time I wondered what would he have to post about if the team was really good. Now...
Arjuna
Franchise Player

Post by Arjuna »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: I can't help myself in making fun of this guy.

A couple of years ago, they did a feature article on him in Sports Illustrated. He's so freaking arrogant. Was talking like he was simply unstoppable. Holds out for a hundred kajillion dollars, then runs like the China doll he is.

Enjoy your guaranteed money, CJ. It's all you're ever going to see.
Makes me love AD that much more. You can just tell when he is on the field he is just so in the moment and just wants to win. He's a true competitor and didn't let the business side of the game or anything off the field effect his play.
"Oh you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar."
Arma
Starter

Post by Arma »

After his second INT Ponder went 11 of 12, 100 yards and 2 TDs. Not too shabby.
Whenever i step outside, somebody claims to see the light
It seems to me that all of us have lost our patience.
'cause everyone thinks they're right,
And nobody thinks that there just might
Be more than one road to our final destination--
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Arma wrote:After his second INT Ponder went 11 of 12, 100 yards and 2 TDs. Not too shabby.
Not shabby at all... a QB has to have a short memory and put mistakes behind him.

This was a great win. The Vikes have now surpassed their win total from 2012 after just 5 games and they remain tied for first place in the division. They're winning as a balanced team, which is ideal. This season has been a very pleasant surprise so far!
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:FU Ponder pos
Really, my young son reads this board. Happy that you are eating crow or shoud be.
I will give you credit though you do a nice job of covering up your trash talking as Ponder throws two 2tds after the two bad ints. and the Vikes win.
The credit part is that at least you stay on the board, that other guy never shows up if the Vikes are doing good.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Juice
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Juice »

Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero
I just talked to Harrison Smith. He admitted he lost his cool, apologized for what happened. Said he didn't realize who it was in moment.
"They say no matter how hard you work, there's always someone, somewhere working harder than you. Guess what? I'm that someone." -Kevin Garnett
Arjuna
Franchise Player

Post by Arjuna »

Mothman wrote: Not shabby at all... a QB has to have a short memory and put mistakes behind him.

This was a great win. The Vikes have now surpassed their win total from 2012 after just 5 games and they remain tied for first place in the division. They're winning as a balanced team, which is ideal. This season has been a very pleasant surprise so far!
Whenever he throws those INTs I got to remind myself he is just a second year player. He has shown a lot of good, QB takes a long time to learn.
"Oh you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar."
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Tom Pelissero
Jerome Simpson couldn't push off with lower leg. That was issue. Will have tests done.
petev_sj
Veteran

Post by petev_sj »

Great game. Not quite sure I can remember the last time the Vikings dominated on all aspects of the game like they did today. The formula this team uses is the same ones Houston, 49ers are using to win. It is no wonder these 3 teams are the most dominant in the NFL right now.
Vikefan68
Transition Player

Post by Vikefan68 »

I love how the Vikes were expected to win and went out and did it. Hopefully, Smith isn't suspended they keep working at getting better!
Arma
Starter

Post by Arma »

And they say elite passing wins football games. Mmmm, Packers and Saints aren't looking so hot. And the Patriots are relying on the run a lot more now, and I trust that Belichick knows the trends of the NFL. Defenses are more prepared vs the pass so the run and great defense is coming back into rotation in being a good way to win games.
Whenever i step outside, somebody claims to see the light
It seems to me that all of us have lost our patience.
'cause everyone thinks they're right,
And nobody thinks that there just might
Be more than one road to our final destination--
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Vikefan68 wrote:I love how the Vikes were expected to win and went out and did it. Hopefully, Smith isn't suspended they keep working at getting better!
I hope not. I understand the ejection, but if he gets a suspension on top of that, I think that would be unfair. The ref keeps pushing him when there's no other opposing players in the picture. I'm not saying I condone what he did, but when does the ref stop initiating contact with the player?
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Arjuna wrote:Whenever he throws those INTs I got to remind myself he is just a second year player. He has shown a lot of good, QB takes a long time to learn.
Exactly. They're frustrating plays but Ponder just completed his 15th start as a pro. He's still learning.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:Jim, if they score, I blame you.
Well we all know why the Titans scored but we almost had the shutout! (J/K) :P
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!