Titans @ Vikings Gameday Discussion Thread -- Week 5

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Titans @ Vikings Gameday Discussion Thread -- Week 5

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Purple bruise wrote: Really, my young son reads this board. Happy that you are eating crow or shoud be.
I will give you credit though you do a nice job of covering up your trash talking as Ponder throws two 2tds after the two bad ints. and the Vikes win.
The credit part is that at least you stay on the board, that other guy never shows up if the Vikes are doing good.

notice how he doesn't mention any of the good plays Ponder made.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

PurpleMustReign wrote:
Actually that's not true. He doesn't need me to defend him, but go through the game thread again. While I think he's overly pessimistic, he did make a couple of positive comments that I even joked about him "messing with my sense of "normalcy"" or something like that.
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Just Me wrote: Well we all know why the Titans scored but we almost had the shutout! (J/K) :P

LOL! When I made that comment, i knew I should have just kept my mouth shut. I'll take the blame for that Titans score. :)

Jim
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Just Me wrote: Actually that's not true. He doesn't need me to defend him, but go through the game thread again. While I think he's overly pessimistic, he did make a couple of positive comments that I even joked about him "messing with my sense of "normalcy"" or something like that.
Well fine. I didn't go back throught the thread, so I guess I spoke out of turn.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Well fine. I didn't go back throught the thread, so I guess I spoke out of turn.
No sweat - It's not really my place to be the "accuracy police" anyway. On a different topic - the Kanji for your avatar: Is it "moon born"? Is there a story, or just liked the look?
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

Great game all-around. Harrison Smith should have gotten ejected, as he did. I love to see fire in the secondary though!

Why was the commissioner at our game, off all places? Meetings in Minneapolis, I suppose.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

PurpleMustReign wrote:
Actually I did. A few of them in fact, begining with a few of his first throws where he looks the DBs off and hit the receiver. Also the nice touch throw to PH. But have you forgotten the 4 horrible throws in a row he did around halftime? Even after halftime he came out with the worst one, and got an INT instead of a TD. So yeah, i dont have alot of love for Ponder. Sue me. But i hope Im wrong about him and he can learn to throw the ball downfield accurately and with a little more zip.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

PurpleKoolaid wrote:[But have you forgotten the 4 horrible throws in a row he did around halftime? Even after halftime he came out with the worst one, and got an INT instead of a TD. So yeah, i dont have alot of love for Ponder. Sue me. But i hope Im wrong about him and he can learn to throw the ball downfield accurately and with a little more zip.
Actually on those throws, I thought he was over confident and it seemed like he just assumed that TEN would let the Vikings catch the ball rather than defend them.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

80 PurplePride 84 wrote:I had them winning 5-6 games. This team could easily win 8-9, or more if they play like did today (minus the bonehead throws from Ponder) and vs. SF.
Easily win 8 or 9??? The Vikings could be 9-1 going into the bye. The schedule doesn't really get much tougher in the near future. Seattle is probably the toughest of the next five games, but the Vikings could be well-positioned to beat them on the road.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Glad Ponder got the INTs out of the way, and even more glad he stayed aggressive and kept going down the field with it. The offense overall looked fantastic for most of this game. Great quick-hitting runs using a variety of runners and a nice, effective mix of passes. Even punched a few TD's in, which was nice to see.

Part of me continues to resist allowing myself to believe this team might be good this year, but this was a really solid overall performance. They keep stringing these together and eventually they'll make it so.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

VikingLord wrote:Glad Ponder got the INTs out of the way
Or his luck finally ran out. You can only hit so many defensive backs in the hands before they intercept one.
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

The converse is true, too. The Vikings have had such a secondary drought of interceptions and now they are catching INT material that hits them right on the numbers.

I don't think anything has been more aggravating defensively the past 25 games or so than watching pick after pick after pick getting dropped. There was a time span where our defense got into the record books for I believe most consecutive games and most pass attempts without an interception. Absolutely maddening.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Hell of a game to be at!

My 'all time record' in the Metrodome improves to 10-3! :lol:
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Infinity
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Infinity »

Eli wrote: Easily win 8 or 9??? The Vikings could be 9-1 going into the bye. The schedule doesn't really get much tougher in the near future. Seattle is probably the toughest of the next five games, but the Vikings could be well-positioned to beat them on the road.
But remember, with us playing teams like GB, CHI, and HOU in the second half of the schedule, his proposition is a good one. That being said, I'm not disagreeing with you about the next five games, those ones are completely winnable and should be won.
Delaqure
Franchise Player

Post by Delaqure »

Arma wrote:After his second INT Ponder went 11 of 12, 100 yards and 2 TDs. Not too shabby.
What a great stat. I have been a wait and see guy on Ponder, but Lord help me, I am starting to like this kid. That's a bad sign for him.