The Eraser

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

The Eraser

Post by Mothman »

Here are links to two articles about Harrison Smith, the Vikings "Eraser":

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_ ... ngs-eraser
Smith has made his share of mistakes, of course, but he has also made plays that the average observer wouldn't realize he deserves credit for. According to defensive coordinator Alan Williams, Smith broke up a third-quarter deep pass to Johnson on Sunday essentially by instinct.

"That wasn't necessarily his play," Williams said. "He did a great job of coming from the backside and making a play on the football. He does that more often than not. There have been some plays where he's made up for some other people. When I was in Indianapolis, coach [Tony] Dungy would call that, so to speak, 'The Eraser.' He can erase some mistakes that maybe other people make."
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikin ... 70211.html
Naturally, Smith's crushing hit on Johnson stands as his trademark moment.

"He's actually a lot bigger than I realized," Smith said. "Still, for me, once a play starts, you just react and play ball."

Added Sanford: "He gets to talking smack every now and then. I saw him talking one time [to Johnson]. He's like, 'You're getting scared. Coming across the middle. He's scared! He's scared!' "

Erasing mistakes is one thing. Erasing Calvin Johnson is on a whole different level.
jackal
Strong Safety

Re: The Eraser

Post by jackal »

I wanted a LB or DT with that pick but Smith is becoming one of my favorites and besides we have

Audie Cole with the seventh round pick who is becoming a HOF player for us now(just kidding)

it would be so awesome if we found a ten year all pro MLB in the seventh though.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

jackal wrote:I wanted a LB or DT with that pick but Smith is becoming one of my favorites and besides we have

Audie Cole with the seventh round pick who is becoming a HOF player for us now(just kidding)

it would be so awesome if we found a ten year all pro MLB in the seventh though.

Heck, I'd be happy if they found a 10 year all-pro MLB in any round. :)
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

me too but I am a dreamer and keep a full supply of purple kool-aid in the fridge.

I hope every cast off and non drafted free agent we pick is going to be a John Randle

I know its a beyond long shot with any player for this to happen too. especially non drafted type guys

but its fun to dream and hope for those kind of things to happen
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

jackal wrote:me too but I am a dreamer and keep a full supply of purple kool-aid in the fridge.

I hope every cast off and non drafted free agent we pick is going to be a John Randle
It would be nice to find a few more like Randle.
I know its a beyond long shot with any player for this to happen too. especially non drafted type guys

but its fun to dream and hope for those kind of things to happen
I agree and it does happen once in a while. Maybe Cole will be one of those players.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

I like that moniker for Smith! :smilevike:
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!