Everson Griffen: 'I'd like to be among the league leaders...

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Everson Griffen: 'I'd like to be among the league leaders...

Post by dead_poet »

Pioneer Press sports columnist Bob Sansevere regularly interviews sports figures to talk about their lives in a first-person format. Despite being a part-time player, defensive lineman Everson Griffen leads the Vikings with three sacks. Griffen, a third-year player, is expecting his first child in January and says he has matured after run-ins with the law that included two arrests over a three-day period in January 2011.
When my career is over, I just want to be remembered as someone who went hard on every play.
http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_216 ... source=rss
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
canadaviking08
Franchise Player

Re: Everson Griffen: 'I'd like to be among the league leader

Post by canadaviking08 »

Griffin always intrigued me and I tought since the day we drafted him that he could be that one guy who really pays off for our gamble. It looks like he is finally on his way to proving Spielman and coaching staff were right. He is quietely having a good season now that they are no longer trying to get him to play LB.

Good to see he is also staying on the right path and making the most out of his opportunity to play in the NFL.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

They were doing some strange things with Griffen against the Lions. Saw one play where he was a stand-up rusher, then dropped back into coverage and the Vikes rushed only three linemen. He looked completely lost in coverage, though. Fortunately it was third and long and the pass completion came up short of the first down. He's a lot more effective as a pass rusher, but really too undersized to do so effectively from the interior of the line. He needs to be given more snaps at DE.
Arma
Starter

Post by Arma »

Once BRob's contract is up, I can see Everson being in the beginning stages of being a savvy vet and just going out and being a solid DE for us. Hell maybe he's a replacement for JA and we draft another "BRob" like talent.

Either way, love that he is maturing. It's the reason he dropped to us so far. He has all the natural skill in the world, just needs to put it together.
Whenever i step outside, somebody claims to see the light
It seems to me that all of us have lost our patience.
'cause everyone thinks they're right,
And nobody thinks that there just might
Be more than one road to our final destination--
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Should have traded Allen this last offseason and let him take over there. :twisted:
Once BRob's contract is up, I can see Everson being in the beginning stages of being a savvy vet and just going out and being a solid DE for us. Hell maybe he's a replacement for JA and we draft another "BRob" like talent.
Allen, Robinson, and Griffen all expire after next season. I definitely see him starting somewhere if he keeps it up...and he'll probably cost a fraction of what Allen would. Time to keep this youth movement going!
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Demi wrote:Should have traded Allen this last offseason and let him take over there. :twisted:
Allen, Robinson, and Griffen all expire after next season. I definitely see him starting somewhere if he keeps it up...and he'll probably cost a fraction of what Allen would. Time to keep this youth movement going!
I never thought that you and I would agree about anything related to the Vikes but I have to say that I agree with this.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.