Vikings Buying into Frazier's Message

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Vikings Buying into Frazier's Message

Post by Mothman »

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Zulg ... sage100112
Greenway has been one of the voices of reason in the Vikings' locker room. Ask him about his team's success and he will quickly remind you that this is a franchise coming off a 3-13 season.

"It's fairly easy to look better than you were," when that happens, Greenway said.

Make no mistake, Greenway isn't about to get ahead of himself.

And that is a credit to his head coach, Leslie Frazier. Frazier has managed to balance calm and patience with a message that despite what many might have thought, this team can be competitive while also rebuilding.
losperros
Commissioner

Re: Vikings Buying into Frazier's Message

Post by losperros »

This is a really good article and it shows how some of the veterans like Greenway and Winfield are being leaders. The vets have bought into the rebuilding but competitive plan by Frazier and the young guys are enthusiastically following suit. I don't think this team's coaches or players are delusional about their 3-1 record and they recognize that there is still a lot of work to do. I think that's a good sign.
canadaviking08
Franchise Player

Post by canadaviking08 »

losperros wrote:This is a really good article and it shows how some of the veterans like Greenway and Winfield are being leaders. The vets have bought into the rebuilding but competitive plan by Frazier and the young guys are enthusiastically following suit. I don't think this team's coaches or players are delusional about their 3-1 record and they recognize that there is still a lot of work to do. I think that's a good sign.
I agree, I say leave the delusions for the fans like myself who thinks we will play in the superbowl(joking). I am however cautiously optimistic that this team will surprise many this year. Definitely a lot more fun like this then analyzing the upcoming draft class :lol:
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

A related nugget from Seifert's "Stock Watch" post. It's hard to argue with this, but I'm sure it's not impossible.
Rising

1. Leslie Frazier, Vikings coach: For months, three things seemed certain in this world. You had death, taxes and the Vikings finishing in fourth place in the NFC North. Their youth at key positions, most notably quarterback, made 2012 appear an obvious rebuilding season. Given Frazier's 6-16 career record entering this season, it was fair to question whether he would survive another losing season. To his credit, however, Frazier never once accepted those narratives. He has repeatedly told players and media members alike that the NFL is a year-to-year proposition and noted that preseason predictions are never 100 percent accurate. With attention focused elsewhere, Frazier has guided the Vikings into a more competitive place than anyone considered possible. They are 3-1 with an offense that fits their personnel perfectly, a defense that is notably more aggressive and competitive in the back end and a special teams group that has made major contributions to all three victories. All of this has come with a second-year quarterback, a rookie left tackle and new starters at nose tackle, middle linebacker, free safety and place-kicker. As crazy as it sounds, the Vikings have already have exceeded external expectations for this season
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_ ... tock-watch
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

If things keep going the way they have:

a) Frazier's contract will be extended. For at least another 3 years.

b) Leslie Frazier will be a prime candidate for Coach of the Year. I think 11 wins would do it. If the Vikings win the NFC North, it's almost guaranteed.
JellyBean2144
Starter

Post by JellyBean2144 »

Wow. That was a great read. It sounds like the players are buying into the vision that coach Frazier has for the program, and that is the key. If everyone is "all-in" it can turn a program around. If players aren't "all-in" hopefully the other players, which it seems like, can get them to be "all-in" if not, we have to lose some players. But this is cool. Great article.