Breaking down the tape: Vikings-Lions

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Juice
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Breaking down the tape: Vikings-Lions

Post by Juice »

Running backs (4)
HB Adrian Peterson (46 snaps) just keeps getting better. He broke 10 tackles, racked up 71 of his 102 rushing yards (69.6%) after contact and had the Lions so frustrated MLB Stephen Tulloch spiked Peterson's left shoe after pulling it off on a power-lead play that went for 5 yards on third-and-1 in the fourth quarter. Peterson had "explosive" runs of 12, 18 and 15 yards among his 21 carries (4.9 average), all between the tackles. Eight of them (38.1%) went for a first down.
More at the Link: http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Brea ... ions100112

Adrian Peterson continues to amaze me. I believe someone else already mentioned this in another thread as well as Tom in his article, but if AP can get that burst back and can get to outside he'll be even more dangerous. I hope they throw it to him more out of the backfield as well.

The defensive backs part is also a great read. That secondary has been fun to watch.
"They say no matter how hard you work, there's always someone, somewhere working harder than you. Guess what? I'm that someone." -Kevin Garnett