Vikings VS Titans Predictions

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Infinity
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Vikings VS Titans Predictions

Post by Infinity »

After coming off another win (against the Lions) how will things play out against the Titans?
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Vikings VS Titans Predictions

Post by PurpleMustReign »

GBFavreFan wrote:My only concern is who starts at QB. I know Jake Locker is the starter and their future and all, but I would much rather play him than Hasselbeck. Our defense will frustrate and confuse Locker but Hasselbeck will know how to deal with it and be more efficient. I think Locker is an auto win for us, Hasselbeck, not as confident.
That is my thought as well.

I'll say Vikings 27, Tits 17.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
thatguy
Hall of Famer

Post by thatguy »

Per Adam Schefter:
Due to a separated left shoulder, Titans quarterback Jake Locker is not expected to play Sunday at Minnesota against the Vikings.
Vikes: 31
Titans: 24

SKOL
"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." ~Thucydides
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

I hope a healthy Jake Locker will play at QB for the Titans. I always want the Vikings to play against a team's best. Hasselback may have more experience but I think the potential belongs to Locker, which makes him more dangerous. I could be wrong, though, because I haven't seen the Titans play this year.

Regardless who the Titans play at QB, I think the Vikings will need to open up their offense and go downfield a bit more. Actually, I hope they continue to do so every week. It adds depth to their attack. They certainly can't be as meager with their passing output as last week.

OTOH, I love that this coaching staff seems to analyze each opponent carefully and plan accordingly.

Okay, I'm going to say the Vikings win this one by 7 points.
PotGoblin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by PotGoblin »

according to nfl.com -

Locker will not play this weekend vs the Vikings. and they may be toying with the idea of him having season-ending surgery. It all depends on the team and Jake Locker on how much he wants to put up with it because this will keep happening till it is fixed.
Purple Pride till the end.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

I've predicted losses the last two weeks and they've won. I'm scared to do this, but 20-13 Vikings.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

I'm staying consistent: I predict a huge loss to the Titans :v):

(It's only weird if it doesn't work.)
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
canadaviking08
Franchise Player

Post by canadaviking08 »

I believe this is where the Offense really steps up and puts a lot of points on the board. Vikes 30 Titans 10
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

This game could quickly turn into an "upset". Our offense has not been great, it has been functional and we have put up the points we needed to win, but will that always be enough? The Titans have the ability to put up a lot of points. They have a couple good receivers and a good running back who has struggled to get started this year. Our defense has done well to this point giving up about 20 points per game. This could be the game where we finally come out and dominate a team (score wise). But I don't think it'll happen. Peterson will put up around 100 yards and a TD, Ponder will throw for 250 yards and a TD we will end up with 3 field goals and the final score will be Vikings 23 Titans 17.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

This team will put up 28 to the Titans 17 :thumbsup:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

Home game vs a bad titans team, gonna go 23-16 vikes
headless_norseman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by headless_norseman »

After beating Gabbert, Ponder proves he is the best of the class of the 2011 draft :rock:
A successful coach needs a patient wife, loyal dog, and great quarterback - and not necessarily in that order.

-- Bud Grant
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

headless_norseman wrote:After beating Gabbert, Ponder proves he is the best of the class of the 2011 draft :rock:
He beat Gabbert in week 1. I assume you meant Locker? But he won't be playing. Locker has already been ruled out.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

akvikingsfan wrote: He beat Gabbert in week 1. I assume you meant Locker? But he won't be playing. Locker has already been ruled out.
Also, wouldn't he need to beat Dalton still?
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

Nice edit :wink:
Haha, it doesn't at all. Even if I'm not a giant Ponder fan, I still consider him far better than Tebow. It is fun to see the guys from the same draft class in head to head matches though