The 2012 Vikings are a Super Bowl team

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

UltraNasty850
Backup

Re: The 2012 Vikings are a Super Bowl team

Post by UltraNasty850 »

I'm hoping the locker room is kept under control. I know that it seems as if the players are actually enjoying playing for the Vikings this year, I hope they dont get too excited about these early wins. 6 or 7 more wins and we very well may be in the playoffs. Im excited about this season, just not letting it get the best of me just quite yet.

SKOL.
Twitter - @Andy_FA_

Bleed Purple
Rus
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: The 2012 Vikings are a Super Bowl team

Post by Rus »

The Vikings remind me a whole lot of the 2003 or 2005 Carolina Panthers. There are a lot of strangely familiar parallels...

A quarterback that manages and keeps the team in it.
Drafted a big offensive tackle (Jordan Gross) the summer before.
One GREAT wide receiver (Steve Smith) and some other guys who were good to okay (Muhammad, Proehl, Dyson).
A pretty good running back (Steven Davis). AD was a better back for sure pre-knee surgery, but at this point, comparable.
Jermaine Wiggins and Todd Steussie were on that team (okay, that's just a connection and not a parallel, but Wiggins caught passes almost as well as Rudolph)
One seriously disruptive defensive end (Peppers and Allen are two totally different players, but when it comes to pressuring quarterbacks, they're both fearsome).

I think the Vikings defense, so far, is all around better than that Carolina defense. Carolina would frequently let teams score a few times early in the game, and play catch up. This Vikings defense seems like it brings it early on and keeps it up until late in the game.

That might even be enough of a difference, too...
-Rus