Boy Was I Wrong About Peterson Being Past His Prime

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Tark10
Starter

Boy Was I Wrong About Peterson Being Past His Prime

Post by Tark10 »

This guy is SUPERMAN and is amazing to watch! Been watching this game for 42 years and this dude is just simply amazing.
canadaviking08
Franchise Player

Re: Boy Was I Wrong About Peterson Being Past His Prime

Post by canadaviking08 »

I think people are now realizing that AP is one of those rare talents that you will see maybe every 10 years. Some saw the steep dropoff in Chris Johnson and tought AP is next when it was clear AP was just a special player while CJ benefited from a great offensive line opening huge holes that I could run a yard or two. Now that he no longer has that Oline, he is below average.
Infinity
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Infinity »

Yeah, AP is absolutely amazing. It was terrible to see him get injured last year, and I'm so glad he's back. He'll be great if we can keep him away from injuries. But the way he pushes the pile like he does, it's gonna be hard to keep him from getting injured, even though he's built like a tank. I am so glad we drafted him instead of Brady Quinn.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Even more amazing is that Adrian Peterson actually isn't a hundred percent yet.

If you like what you're seeing now, wait until the season progresses and AD gets his full burst back. Holy moly...

No foolin'! AD is that good. :thumbsup:
Arma
Starter

Post by Arma »

Yes, defiantly a beast. I will even go as far to say he will play way past a normal RB shelflife (unless another freak injury happens), the guy is just too much of a physical specimen to be slowed down at a fast pace.
Whenever i step outside, somebody claims to see the light
It seems to me that all of us have lost our patience.
'cause everyone thinks they're right,
And nobody thinks that there just might
Be more than one road to our final destination--
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

He is actually probably is right in the middle of his prime now

some guys are just different I can see Peterson playing four or five more years and getting into the HOF
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Arjuna
Franchise Player

Post by Arjuna »

It's really gonna be something when he gets that extra gear back. Quite a few times I expected him to break a big one loose but he just don't got it quite yet. The dude is a beast though, I was in total disbelief that he would be playing like this. I still cringe when I see him getting tackled.
"Oh you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar."