Shhhhh ... the Vikings are good ... don't tell anybody

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Shhhhh ... the Vikings are good ... don't tell anybody

Post by Purple bruise »

Just Me wrote: It did - Packers win... NO 0-4
I hate both teams but......these officials suck as bad as the replacements. They blew a call on a Saint's fumble and then called a BS holding call on a field goal at the end of the game which went against the Saints and probably cost them the game. :flamed:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Knoxx
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Knoxx »

I think they were punishing Duh Pack on the fumble. As the refs were removing players some Packers kept trying to dive into the pile then started scuffling with the ref. At that point I told my daughter that the Refs should just rule down by contact to teach them a lesson. Then that's just what they did. :rofl: :rofl:
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Purple bruise wrote: I hate both teams but......these officials suck as bad as the replacements. They blew a call on a Saint's fumble and then called a BS holding call on a field goal at the end of the game which went against the Saints and probably cost them the game. :flamed:
The holding was a good call. The Saints player grabbed the Packer player and held him from the kicker.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Infinity
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Infinity »

The Vikings have shown solid improvement this year. I think the reason the vikes didn't do so great the first couple games is because AP wasn't in his groove yet and because our D wasn't as solid. AP and the D have been a lot better since the start of the season, I'm looking forward to a great season and (maybe even) a playoff spot! :smilevike: SKOL!!!!!
radar55
All Pro Elite Player

Post by radar55 »

Quite honestly if someone told me we would be 3-1 to start the year it would not have come as a complete surprise......not because I thought we were that good but simply because of the schedule. HOWEVER.....they way we have gotten there is a total surprise.

The 1st game of the season was a terrible showing by the defense and offense but our rookie kicker saves us to get the win against a terrible Jax team.....THEN.....we lose to Indy who arguably is worse than Jax when our secondary makes their rookie Q/B look like Joe Montana in his prime and they fail to make a single significant stop on 3rd down all night long only this time, our kicker cant save the win with last minute heroics. We follow that debacle by playing one of the best teams in the league and we beat them not only on the scoreboard but on BOTH sises of the ball with a dominate showing. We follow that up with todays victory (on the road against a divisional team) and in the process our secondary holds the best W/R in the game to 50 yards???????

I love that fact that we are 3-1...leading the division BUT......I dont know which team will show up next week.....the one that looked like crap the first 2 weeks or the one that has played 2 excellent games back to back?????

I'm certainly hoping for the latter
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Mothman wrote: If the 49ers aren't "of note", who does that leave?

Jim
The New Houston Falconravens.
admvp
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by admvp »

Our game didn't even make Sportscenter!! On an NFL Sunday, that's REALLY saying something.

And I love it. Keep overlooking us everyone. We'll just keep flying under the radar, quiet as an assassin.

I've officially bought in; we finally did it on the road. That's what I needed to see.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

admvp wrote:Our game didn't even make Sportscenter!! On an NFL Sunday, that's REALLY saying something.

And I love it. Keep overlooking us everyone. We'll just keep flying under the radar, quiet as an assassin.

I've officially bought in; we finally did it on the road. That's what I needed to see.
And as an added plus it was against a division opponent :rock:

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Rus
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Rus »

This team just kind of keeps the score within reach, and just scores enough to win (well, most of the time). It's everything Childress wanted the team to be, but couldn't figure out how to make happen.
-Rus
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

S197 wrote:The New Houston Falconravens.
:rofl:
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

houston is definitely the best team, it's simple to know why. Most of the time you don't want to start your guys in fantasy against them and their guys like Foster and Johnson are usually must starts!
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

It is still very early to annoit anyone. I think the conventional wisdom that weeks 9-12 will show us who is for real is pretty solid. Houston and Atlanta ar certainly firing on all cylinders right now.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Infinity wrote:The Vikings have shown solid improvement this year. I think the reason the vikes didn't do so great the first couple games is because AP wasn't in his groove yet and because our D wasn't as solid. AP and the D have been a lot better since the start of the season, I'm looking forward to a great season and (maybe even) a playoff spot! :smilevike: SKOL!!!!!
Keeping in mind that as a sports team I hate the Packers but that was a BS holding penalty called on the FG attempt. Look at most all PATs and FGs. That call could be made on almost every attempt, plus it was a questionable "hold".

Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

yezzir wrote:
Well, the majority of reputable NFL analysts chose them. I'm not just talking about talking heads at ESPN.
Actually, most picked the Packers. More than any other team.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

mondry wrote:houston is definitely the best team, it's simple to know why. Most of the time you don't want to start your guys in fantasy against them and their guys like Foster and Johnson are usually must starts!
Well last year it was the Packers and Pats. Fortunately the SB is not won by fantasy stats.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966