Vikings @ Lions Gameday Discussion Thread--Week 4

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings @ Lions Gameday Discussion Thread--Week 4

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

I cant stand Mathews...I dont know if u hate him because hes good, or just because hes a Packer, but I wouldnt you know what if he was on fire.
Arma
Starter

Post by Arma »

Purplemania wrote: Is that so? Awesome...hope he keeps improving. Wonder why he dropped so far during the draft?
Yep:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiO997bxcZY

No idea why he fell that far, he was late first/mid 2nd by a good amount of scouts. I guess his height scared people off.
Whenever i step outside, somebody claims to see the light
It seems to me that all of us have lost our patience.
'cause everyone thinks they're right,
And nobody thinks that there just might
Be more than one road to our final destination--
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

S197 wrote: There's a video of it on Youtube. Not to take anything away from Josh but I think I think the whole AJ Green thing was made into a bigger deal than it really was but you can watch the tape and judge for yourself.
Robinson already looks better then Cook, and apparently the coaches think so too. A rookie playing Megatron?
Captain
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Captain »

Simpson definitely had an impact on our offense (yes I know we had a slow day at the office). I think going forward having a receiver, a RB, a QB thats becoming decent, and an amazing Utility player coming together and gelling will open things up (or at least I hope it does). I'm still curious why we didn't target Rudy in the middle or did I miss those plays? seems like if Adrian could get runs up the middle there were some soft spots there for the taking.

Overall though, good defense, spectacular special team play, with work to do on offense. Still a win is a win! Heres to a great week for everyone! Cheers! :v):
Spiderbeavis
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Spiderbeavis »

Titans at home next week...we got this!
Image "I ain't got time to bleed! Unless it's purple...in which case I can work it in."
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

offense looked very anemic, shakey. any negative adjective will do. nice win however. never easy. :smilevike:
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

still cant stand watching packer games.
MrPurplenGold
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by MrPurplenGold »

The Vikings have Tennesee and Washington coming up, which I think are both Winnable games. Then have Arizona, Tampa and Detroit again at home, while traveling to Seattle. This team could realistically be 7-3 at the bye, WOW.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Robinson already looks better then Cook, and apparently the coaches think so too. A rookie playing Megatron?
He played great today and looks very promising, I just don't see him shutting down Green in that video. He basically gives Green a huge cushion and Green makes a bunch of catches underneath. It's not like Green had no receptions or Robinson was grabbing picks.
MrPurplenGold
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by MrPurplenGold »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Robinson already looks better then Cook, and apparently the coaches think so too. A rookie playing Megatron?
I think that has less to do with Cook and more to do with the Vikings not moving CB's around. When Calvin Johnson was in the slot Winfield played him, when he was on Cook's side of the field, Cook played him. I don't think it has anything to do with who the coaches "think" is better.
Spiderbeavis
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Spiderbeavis »

Here's hoping Fudgies-Cheaters ends in a tie...probably not but it's nice to dream :P
Image "I ain't got time to bleed! Unless it's purple...in which case I can work it in."
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

MrPurplenGold wrote:The Vikings have Tennesee and Washington coming up, which I think are both Winnable games. Then have Arizona, Tampa and Detroit again at home, while traveling to Seattle. This team could realistically be 7-3 at the bye, WOW.
:shock: shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Anyone see that Packer drive. Thats what a real QB looks like.
Spiderbeavis
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Spiderbeavis »

Purplemania wrote: me neither. and joe buck fapping himself inside his head each time the packers make a play. disgusting.
Somebody has to fill in for Madden...
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Mothman wrote:Those two PI calls on downfield throws to Simpson don't show up in the passing yardage totals but they were big plays that came out of the passing game.
The second one was a bad call. Even the first was questionable. Simpson is a major league flopper. I suppose that's how they coach it in today's game, but it doesn't do much for me.