Calvin Johnson

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Infinity
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Calvin Johnson

Post by Infinity »

The fate of the game partly depends on whether the vikes secondary can stop Calvin Johnson. It would also really help if Stafford didn't play, so Johnson wouldn't have a good QB to throw to him. Do you think the vikes can stop Johnson?
:smilevike: SKOL!!!
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Calvin Johnson

Post by The Breeze »

I don't think we can stop him....but I'd say the fate of the game relies more on the Vikes not turning the ball over nor committing stupid penalties, and putting Stafford on hisbutt as often as possible.

It'll be a good test for this squad. The Lions are totally beatable....but the young Vikes have some serious road issues.
bigskyeric
All Pro Elite Player

Post by bigskyeric »

The Breeze wrote:I don't think we can stop him....but I'd say the fate of the game relies more on the Vikes not turning the ball over nor committing stupid penalties, and putting Stafford on hisbutt as often as possible.

It'll be a good test for this squad. The Lions are totally beatable....but the young Vikes have some serious road issues.
We won 3 games last year. All 3 were on the road.
Seek and Destroy
Arjuna
Franchise Player

Post by Arjuna »

I'm hoping Stafford actually plays and is healthy. I want to see how we do against a good passing offense.
"Oh you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar."
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

Actually we beat ARZ at home and the other two were on the road. We did a good job in the ford field game last year stopping Calvin. I don't feel like digging through the stats but he was held to at least under 60 yards I thought.
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

NextQuestion wrote:Actually we beat ARZ at home and the other two were on the road. We did a good job in the ford field game last year stopping Calvin. I don't feel like digging through the stats but he was held to at least under 60 yards I thought.
I'm not 100 percent sure but I think he got over 100 and a TD. All of his targets to Cook only yielded like 54 yards and TD (he defended something like 5 out of 6 passes to him but got burned on the TD play).
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

The game at the dome he burned us and scored 2 TDs. The game at Ford Field was all Pettigrew and Titus young w/ defensive TDs
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.