refs and league close to a deal

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Infinity
Pro Bowl Elite Player

refs and league close to a deal

Post by Infinity »

A deal is close to being reached between the refs and the league. I am very happy about this because the games will be called better and we can return back to normal football. I've heard that the "regular" refs may be back by this Sunday.
PurplePeopleEater
Transition Player

Re: refs and league close to a deal

Post by PurplePeopleEater »

I'm with everyone in expressing gratitude that the real refs are going to return soon. However I think we need to keep in mind that this will not be an immediate cure all. The old refs sucked a lot too, anyone remember the 2009 NFC Championship game ? :wallbang:
And the former Bear will go 99 yards
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Looks like a done deal.
tara sullivan ‏@Record_Tara
Refs have to ratify in-person and likely attend mini clinic to refresh rules.

No ref crew assigned for Thursday game yet, but expected to get one there.

Hearing 8-year deal between refs and NFL.

This thing will be done tonight. Regular refs ready to go.

Can confirm per source that regular refs will work Thu night game and be on field for full Sunday slate.
Juice
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Juice »

:appl: Good to hear.
The officials will vote on the deal in Dallas on Friday, at which time it will become final. They’ll then participate in a clinic, and head on Saturday to the game sites. Also, the officials will receive a pay raise of four percent, with 12 guaranteed game checks this year and 19 in subsequent years (including preseason). As to the checks they’ve missed this year, the officials will divvy up $2.5 million..
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... l-is-done/
Last edited by Juice on Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"They say no matter how hard you work, there's always someone, somewhere working harder than you. Guess what? I'm that someone." -Kevin Garnett
BGM
Hall of Famer

Post by BGM »

I find it completely disingenuous that the spokesman for the NFL came out today and said that Monday night's game had nothing to do with progress being made so quickly... yeah riiiiiight.
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa
justinkendle
Veteran

Post by justinkendle »

thank jebus about danm time