Jerome Simpson Targeted A Lot To Establish Him?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

losperros
Commissioner

Re: Jerome Simpson Targeted A Lot To Establish Him?

Post by losperros »

CalVike wrote: While these accolades have strong basis in fact, Craig and Jim, they are solely based on past years. His performance this year has been merely pedestrian, and truly something far less than his standards. It may well be borne out over the 16-game season that he came back far too soon. That said, the team has come out much stronger than expected on offense so perhaps they can keep the pitch count down for the whole season, with the offense still successful.

Dave
The "accolades" above are opinion. Jim's and my opinion. And they're based solely on this year. We thought AD would look worse than he has and, therefore, he's surprised us. Personally, given the severity of his injury, I didn't think he'd be able to do any power running this soon. Thankfully, I was wrong.

All that Peterson hasn't done so far this season is break some big runs open. He's always been a guy who loses a few yards, gets some small gains, and then pops an amazing run open for big yardage. I think the big runs are coming, which will help pad his stats to a level that you like.
CalVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CalVike »

Regarding Peterson, he's a victim of his own success. But I'm not going to be impressed with a $100M running back averaging 4.0 YPC. I realize I am being unfair. Hopefully he defies odds and picks it up soon.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

CalVike wrote:Regarding Peterson, he's a victim of his own success. But I'm not going to be impressed with a $100M running back averaging 4.0 YPC. I realize I am being unfair. Hopefully he defies odds and picks it up soon.
It's very hard not to pull for a truly fine human being and great competitor who happened to draw the dirty end of the stick and get stuck playing for the Minnesota Vikings during the prime of his career. It worked out for him financially, though, so we shouldn't feel too bad.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

CalVike wrote:Regarding Peterson, he's a victim of his own success. But I'm not going to be impressed with a $100M running back averaging 4.0 YPC. I realize I am being unfair. Hopefully he defies odds and picks it up soon.
As Craig said, the only thing we haven't seen are those long runs and I think they'll come. He's been close to breaking a couple already. Meanwhile, he's helping his team quite a bit (even providing them with a solid running game against the 49ers stingy run defense) and doing so sooner than many people thought he'd even be able to play. He may not have the numbers of a $100 million dollar back right now but he's showing some of the reasons the Vikes made him one. When the circumstances are considered, I believe his performance has been anything but pedestrian, although I understand why you feel otherwise.
Browner
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Browner »

:lol: :lol: That is some funny shi_!! Never seen that flop before......Real good actor;The "Real Refs" bought it...
After 50 years.......Aren't we due????
CalVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CalVike »

Mothman wrote: As Craig said, the only thing we haven't seen are those long runs and I think they'll come. He's been close to breaking a couple already. Meanwhile, he's helping his team quite a bit (even providing them with a solid running game against the 49ers stingy run defense) and doing so sooner than many people thought he'd even be able to play. He may not have the numbers of a $100 million dollar back right now but he's showing some of the reasons the Vikes made him one. When the circumstances are considered, I believe his performance has been anything but pedestrian, although I understand why you feel otherwise.
I withdraw my objection seeing him today. His play was remarkable, by any standard. Dave
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

CalVike wrote:I withdraw my objection seeing him today. His play was remarkable, by any standard. Dave
I was going to ask you about that, Dave. I had a feeling you'd be much happier after seeing today's performance. :)
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

the future is so bright i have to wear shades !!!!!!!!! :smilevike:
DanAS
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by DanAS »

Mothman wrote: As Craig said, the only thing we haven't seen are those long runs and I think they'll come. He's been close to breaking a couple already. Meanwhile, he's helping his team quite a bit (even providing them with a solid running game against the 49ers stingy run defense) and doing so sooner than many people thought he'd even be able to play. He may not have the numbers of a $100 million dollar back right now but he's showing some of the reasons the Vikes made him one. When the circumstances are considered, I believe his performance has been anything but pedestrian, although I understand why you feel otherwise.
I'm not sure any running back is worth $100 million. But Peterson is certainly making an impressive comeback from an ACL.