How the Vikings stack up in the NFC North

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Re: How the Vikings stack up in the NFC North

Post by hibbingviking »

the vikings o-line looks the best in the nfcn. i see a light at the end of the tunnel. :smilevike: :smilevike: :smilevike: :smilevike: :smilevike:
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

QB who can buy some time+Starter LT in draft=2 hits and zero sacks when playing the 49ers. No other NFC North QB can say that. Stafford and Rodgers are being turned into hamburger. Rodgers for instance has been sacked 17 times in his last 3 games.
Infinity
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Infinity »

Boon wrote: Funny what a real LT does huh?
Yeah, Kalil was a great pick. We needed an o-line that could protect ponder. Notice how ponder is doing a ton better this year compared to last year?
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

Boon wrote: Funny what a real LT does huh?
cutler, rodgers, stafford, brees, romo, vick, brady, are all running for there lives this season. good protection wins championships.
:smilevike:
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

Infinity wrote: Yeah, Kalil was a great pick. We needed an o-line that could protect ponder. Notice how ponder is doing a ton better this year compared to last year?
glad we didnt draft claiborne or blackmon. :banana:
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

I feel like some of us have been a broken record all these years, with our pleas of "fix the offensive line!" (at any cost). But I think the results so far seem to justify that call. Ponder would probably look a lot more like last year's version if he was behind Green Bay's offensive line. And Cutler is erratic behind his shaky offensive line. Let's hope that the improvement we see is real, and isn't about to be exposed by some easy scheming by the defense.
indianation65
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by indianation65 »

Anything is possible when a new season starts, and it starts on the practice field and in the locker room...confidence breathes like the wind. The Vikes are 3/1, despite some forum brothers always picking them to lose. It's a good thing the players may not creep into the Vikings Message Board, but who knows, again, the confidence is building! I hope!

Addendum: It takes around 6 games to really know which teams are contenders, but Minnesota is off to a decent start!

...wisdom
...spirits in the wind and the trees
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

The Vikings chances in the NFC North are looking better and better. Sure, they have their share of issues, but being a very young team, they're learning and getting a little better each week.

The Lions just plain don't look very good. Bad special teams. No running game. Receivers who can't catch. They appear to be a poorly coached team as much as anything else.

The Vikings may also be better than the Bears. Any team with Jay Cutler at QB is an instant head case. Their offensive line is horrible, plus many other problems on both offense and defense. They're also a poorly coached team.

That just leaves the Packers, who aren't having a good season.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Eli wrote:The Vikings may also be better than the Bears. Any team with Jay Cutler at QB is an instant head case. Their offensive line is horrible, plus many other problems on both offense and defense. They're also a poorly coached team.

That just leaves the Packers, who aren't having a good season.
I think you're writing off Chicago too easily. Their defense is playing very well this season and while their o-line is bad and Cutler is inconsistent (there's a connection between those two), they're still capable of exploding and putting 30+ point on an opponent.

Nevertheless, I agree that the Vikes chances in the division are looking up. they'll look even better if the Saints beat GB today and Dallas beats the Bears tomorrow!
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

As much as I hate to say it I'd give the packers a 40% chance to win the division, Vikes 30%, Bears 20%, Lions 10%
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

best defense in the nfcn !!!!! :smilevike: