Vikings VS Lions Predictions

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Sutsgold
Starter

Re: Vikings VS Lions Predictions

Post by Sutsgold »

I look at it a little differently. I see Shaun Hill coming in and just throwing as much as possible to Calvin Johnson. I know I would. That scares me. We will not be able to stop Johnson. Lions 28 Vikes 14. Back to reality.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Sutsgold wrote:I look at it a little differently. I see Shaun Hill coming in and just throwing as much as possible to Calvin Johnson. I know I would. That scares me. We will not be able to stop Johnson. Lions 28 Vikes 14. Back to reality.
Cook did pretty well on Johnson last season didn't he? It might not be as scary as you think.
TuffJuff
Practice Squad

Post by TuffJuff »

Alot of you guys are giving the Lions too much credit. They are soooo overated it is insane.
  • Last year they beat no team that finished above .500.
    They cant run the ball
    They cant stop the run. They gave up 5 ypc last year
    Matthew Stafford is a good QB, but not elite like people think. He throws way too many ints
    They dont covert 3rd downs
    They cant stop the pass
    They commit a ton of penalties
    The "power house" lions barely beat the "crappy" vikings twice last year and had to make huge comebacks against the Vikings, Cowboys, and Raiders. They often dont show up the first half
    O yeah and did I mention that they BEAT NO ONE LAST YEAR
"Friends dont let friends be Packer fans"
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

It's Tuesday now. I have had some time to take in the win. As usual I can not and will not predict a Vikings loss. I foresee us taking the momentum from the 49ers game into the Lions game. This will be a huge win. Our team will come out firing on all cylinders and we will walk away from the game with a W. If Stafford doesn't play it will be an even larger win. The way I see it Vikings win 28-10. Ponder throws 2 TDs, Peterson runs one in, Percy takes a kickoff back for a touchdown. Further, Ponder completes about 75% of his passes, but only throws 3 over 15 yards (all to Simpson) and only 1 is caught.

Vikings - 28
Lions - 10
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

vikes win. we got the mo
i'm ready for a beer.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

Vikings have just been horrible on the road for awhile now. I'll go with Lions 24-20
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

Crax wrote:Vikings have just been horrible on the road for awhile now. I'll go with Lions 24-20
true. vikes are 15-26 on the road since the '07 season. however, i have never understood how poor records from seasons past have anything to do with the current season. especially with so much turnover in coaching and players. hopefully the vikes start winning on the road. :smilevike:
i'm ready for a beer.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

vikeinmontana wrote: true. vikes are 15-26 on the road since the '07 season. however, i have never understood how poor records from seasons past have anything to do with the current season.
I hope you're right. Of course, we lost to the colts on the road already. I still don't think the colts are very good and I definitely don't think the Colts are better than the 49ers or even the Jags. I just don't what it is about road games for the Vikings.
BGM
Hall of Famer

Post by BGM »

TuffJuff wrote: O yeah and did I mention that they BEAT NO ONE LAST YEAR
Except for the Vikings... twice.

Of course, this is a new season and the Lions have struggled. But at home, they are dangerous and no game is a gimme at Ford Field. Do you think the Niners had a similar list of reasons that they were going to beat the Vikings?
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Cliff wrote: Cook did pretty well on Johnson last season didn't he? It might not be as scary as you think.
Cook had a pair of pass defenses I believe but Johnson still came out of that game with 100+ yards receiving and 2 TD's if memory serves me correct.
TuffJuff
Practice Squad

Post by TuffJuff »

BGM wrote: Except for the Vikings... twice.

Of course, this is a new season and the Lions have struggled. But at home, they are dangerous and no game is a gimme at Ford Field. Do you think the Niners had a similar list of reasons that they were going to beat the Vikings?
O yeah good point. The Playoff Lions team that people seem to think will be playoff fixtures for years to come needed a 20 point comeback to beat us at home and a blatant facemask to beat a injury riddled Vikings. We are a much better team this year and they are finally being exposed. I guarentee we win.
"Friends dont let friends be Packer fans"
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

Crax wrote: I hope you're right. Of course, we lost to the colts on the road already. I still don't think the colts are very good and I definitely don't think the Colts are better than the 49ers or even the Jags. I just don't what it is about road games for the Vikings.
me neither. although i think it might seem worse than it really is. first, all teams are worse on the road than at home. that's why homefield is so important. then you have to consider that if you are a terrib;e team like we have been the last two seasons you will be bad on the road AND at home! i think that '09 season stands out because we had a great team and were a play away from the superdown and we had lost something like 4 straight on the road that year! that was bad.

i think going .500 on the road isn't terrible which is what we typically do. the last 2 years we went 2-6 but like i said....we sucked. this year i bet we're in the range of 3-5 or 4-4 on the road again.
i'm ready for a beer.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

S197 wrote: Cook had a pair of pass defenses I believe but Johnson still came out of that game with 100+ yards receiving and 2 TD's if memory serves me correct.
Yeah, he beat up our secondary as a whole, but Chris Cook played pretty well and our secondary has some new faces in it now.

From PFF;

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/20 ... a-vikings/
Playing 66 of a possible 75 defensive snaps, Cook was targeted six times, allowing just three receptions for 52 yards–though he did give up a touchdown to Calvin Johnson, for whom five of the six targets were intended. Cook also picked up a pair of passes defensed, including one of the defensive plays of the season in coverage against Megatron.

With the Vikings protecting a 20-17 lead deep in the fourth quarter, the Lions were driving into Minnesota territory. On 3rd-and-2 the Lions went 3-wide, with Johnson in the slot to the right covered by Winfield. Titus Young was lined up at RWR with Cook eight yards off the line in zone coverage. At the snap Young faked the bubble screen, causing Winfield to release Johnson up the seam and jump down on the fake. Stafford immediately looked for his top target heading upfield, but Cook read the play and undercut the route to make a diving breakup of the pass at full stretch.

There are only a hand full of players in the league that could make that play against that player, and it was for exactly that type of play that the Vikings drafted him. Cook’s effort forced the Lions to kick a 50-yard field goal rather than continue an ominous-looking drive toward a touchdown. Cook ended up with a +2.4 coverage grade on the year before getting himself into major legal troubles.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

Is Stafford confirmed to be out? If that is the case I think the Vikings have a legit shot at the W. The lions have plenty of problems for us to take advantage of.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
indianation65
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by indianation65 »

Play to win, not just survive, and be very aggressive...the Vikings by 7/10. The win begins in the locker room where confidence and support begins! On the road or at home, no matter, the team that plays aggressively and has the fewest mistakes should win.

...wisdom
...spirits in the wind and the trees