Vikings VS Lions Predictions

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Infinity
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Vikings VS Lions Predictions

Post by Infinity »

After a huge upset win against the 49ers, how will things play out against against the Lions?
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Vikings VS Lions Predictions

Post by akvikingsfan »

Let me take a couple days to digest the game before I make any predictions for next week.
Rus
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Rus »

Jerome Simpson is coming back. It's not just going to be Ponder to Harvin, then back to Ponder to Rudolph. As far as I can see, that's going to be key.

If Erin Henderson comes back, I'd be pretty comfortable calling it a close win. Without Henderson, I think it's a little more of a toss-up. I don't really trust Brinkley after what I saw in the preseason. If the Lions figure out that they can pick on Brinkley, they might get on a roll. They definitely have the offense to do it. Tennessee just put up 44 points against their defense, though. That's Jake Locker, and it looked like it was all Jake Locker. The Lions defense is a joke if basically a rookie (yeah, he's a second year guy, but he's basically fresh off the shelf) abuses them that hard. I think Locker is an excellent talent, but there's no way he should be able to do that to a really good team. And considering how the Vikings just grind down teams with ball control, it's going to force Stafford to open up. Plus, Chris Cook owns Megatron.

And if Stafford doesn't come back, they're starting Shaun Hill.
-Rus
Delaqure
Franchise Player

Post by Delaqure »

At this point I am going to concede that I know nothing about football. I predicted a viking win against the colts and a loss to the 49ers. I may have to bow out of this prediction thing. Maybe if I predict all loses we will win them all? :beerchug:
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Delaqure wrote:At this point I am going to concede that I know nothing about football. I predicted a viking win against the colts and a loss to the 49ers. I may have to bow out of this prediction thing. Maybe if I predict all loses we will win them all? :beerchug:
My only prediction for a loss (not only a loss, but a 17-20 point loss) this year was the 49ers. That was the Vikings best game so far this season. Hmmmmmmmm

I predict a HUGE LOSS for the Vikings against Detroit :v):
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

Usually when coming off a big win we tend to get blown out. See us vs Arizona week 5...then week 6 vs Chicago in 2011
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

The lions look like they took a step back from last year and i am unsure why ?

they have a lot of the same weapons as last year ?

I think this could go either way, but since I am pumped from the niner's game still

28- 21 Vikings

our offensive line looks a lot better Ponder looks better for sure.. and our defense is better but not consistent enough yet

there beatable IMO
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

Lions D SUCKS. Jake Nobody Lockers was throwing to a gigantic assemblage of nobodies and ring up 378 yards and a touchdown, I mean Purple Jesus.

Nate Washington or Percy Harvin, Simpson, Rudolph?

We should win this by 10. Minimum. If Stafford is out of the game we will crush 'em, even though Shaun Hill played very well.

27-14 Vikings, no b.s., my honest assessment.
admvp
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by admvp »

Hunter Morrow wrote:Lions D SUCKS. Jake Nobody Lockers was throwing to a gigantic assemblage of nobodies and ring up 378 yards and a touchdown, I mean Purple Jesus.

Nate Washington or Percy Harvin, Simpson, Rudolph?

We should win this by 10. Minimum. If Stafford is out of the game we will crush 'em, even though Shaun Hill played very well.

27-14 Vikings, no b.s., my honest assessment.
The Lions D was bad, but the Titans scored I think 3 touchdowns on defense and special teams... so the defense didn't really give up 44 points.... more like 23 I guess... But they still weren't that great. So I really hope you're right.
Captain
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Captain »

27-21 Vikings. This is contingent on Stafford not playing. If he plays then I don't know, close game could go either way
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

vikes > lions....

gotta think after yesterday this team believes they can beat anyone if they play like they are capable. can't think they felt this way last week in indy! :(

i like the vikes by a td. :smilevike:
i'm ready for a beer.
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

Same way with Singletary being with the 49ers for so long. Our coaching staff should have 50 pounds of notes and hundreds of hours of film on this guy. We'll know what he had for brunch last Thursday when we play him.
petev_sj
Veteran

Post by petev_sj »

A young team is unpredictable week to week. The Vikings just are not a good road team at this point.

Lions 24
Vikings 17

I am really hoping to eat crow though. Crows are delicious.
FailedtoOpen
All Pro Elite Player

Post by FailedtoOpen »

If Shaun hill plays I'd argue there is a 60-70% chance the Vikings win.
If Stafford plays there is a 40-50% chance the vikings win.

Shaun Hill doesn't have the big play ability that Stafford has, but also (hasn't) made as many mistakes as Stafford has.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

If the Lions show up next week with Jim Schwartz as their head coach, I give the Vikings pretty good odds. He's a bonehead.