A dark day for the NFL...

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

UK Phil
Franchise Player

A dark day for the NFL...

Post by UK Phil »

First off, i just want to say congrats to the vikes today after the best win we've had probably since the Dallas play-off game.

However, unfortunately i have lost a bit of love/respect for the sport today. We all witnessed our game - utterly shameful. But it appears several games across the league today have been affected by, let's just say questionable, officiating.

I've watched American football for as long as i can remember. I am also a huge fan of all sports. Nonetheless, today my love/passion for the NFL was severely damaged.
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Re: A dark day for the NFL...

Post by hibbingviking »

nfl isnt losing $$$$$$$$$$$$$ they dont care about the refs.
Infinity
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Infinity »

I completely agree. I think the only reason the NFL has replacement refs is so that ESPN can have a segment on the ref's mistakes. There were a lot of calls that we're made today that were completely terrible. A 1st grader could make better calls than these refs. The fate of games rests in these refs hands and they make terrible calls. It seems like some of these refs don't even know the rules of football. They should completely get rid of the replacement refs and return to the normal refs who actually know the rules.
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

The thing is this...

Detroit got all the calls...Tennessee got jobbed
San Fran got all time worst call material again and again...Minnesota got jobbed.

Who has league darlings? Who were the "best" teams in the league? Yeah.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

@VikingUpdate

RT @APKrawczynski: Ref says he mistakenly awarded Harbaugh both challenges. Says Harbaugh called final TO first, then challenged.
@TomPelissero

Per pool reporter @APKrawczynski, Ken Roan admitted he s*** the bed giving Harbaugh those challenges. I believe that's a direct quote.
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

Look, that was not coincidental. If you think Minnesota would get the same time out and challenge "mistakes" from crooked, scab refs at Candlestick Park you are out of your mind.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I agree. It is outrageous. I bet the real refs are sitting back and laughing their #### off.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Imac
Franchise Player

Post by Imac »

This same group of refs that did todays game have been the worse crew so far they were just as bad if not worse last week. It really does make the game look bad, its not missed calls or bad ones that get me upset its down right not knowing the rules.

Ian
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I agree, imac. The rules afe not that difficult.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

Hunter Morrow wrote:San Fran got all time worst call material again and again...Minnesota got jobbed.
While I agree the refs were terrible, don't forget that as usual, there is people on the other side complaining too. People on the 49ers forum think the Vikings got the best calls.
49ers fans wrote: Originally posted by Baldie:
The personal foul on Goldsen was a bad call and could have kept this a game for the niners. Instead of a TD, it could have been a FG.

same with the non called opi when the vikings got atd and the pi when they were hitting kw before the ball got to him.,
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Can someone answer a question for me? Harbaugh challenged two calls today (both Gerhardt fumbles). The first challenge came after he had already called his final (3rd) time-out, so he had no time-outs to be able to call the challenge, and should have been flagged for delay of game. Follow me so far. OK. Now he wins the challenge (to be fair, the refs screwed up in the first place by not calling the Gerhardt fumble so I'm not going into a tirade about this. - Still two bad calls don't make a right call, to paraphrase my mother) and is given back a time out. Stay with me here. I'm going to assume that after this colossal cluster he has 1 time-out left. Not that he should, but the refs have awarded it to him. It is what it is. He goes and uses his last challenge on the fumble with like 14 seconds before the first half. Was the challenge for possession, or that the ball was fumbled? He lost a time-out (his 4th for the half apparently) because possession didn't change, but there clearly was another fumble that wasn't called. If your challenge is correct, you don't lose the time out, so would he have been able to keep his (4th) time out?

BTW - Just becasue the Vikings won, doesn't mean that I'm NOT getting more and more irate at the incompetence of these referees. It doesn't have to be a loss for me to complain about them...

:)
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Crax wrote: While I agree the refs were terrible, don't forget that as usual, there is people on the other side complaining too. People on the 49ers forum think the Vikings got the best calls.
I would tell "Baldie" to worry more about Alex Smith. He missed Moss for a TD, then threw an INT straight at Josh Robinson. Not to mention the hits he took when he could have thrown it away or late in the game where he should have ran out of bounds. Then there was the SF defender who dropped a gift of an interception. The 49timeouters had their shot, they were outplayed, not out reffed.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

I don't disagree with any of that. But, I think we can all agree they're just terrible, not necessarily favoring one team. Gerhart could have just not fumbled repeatedly and I could have 15 minutes of my life back from watching the refs act like idiots.
Last edited by Crax on Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

S197 wrote: The 49timeouters had their shot, they were outplayed, ...
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Nice!
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

Crax wrote: While I agree the refs were terrible, don't forget that as usual, there is people on the other side complaining too. People on the 49ers forum think the Vikings got the best calls.
Thats their complaint? Thats it? The 49ers were given 3 extra timeouts, and 2 extra challeges. Any 49er fan saying they got jobbed is a complete bufoon.