Randy Moss - Fan reaction and/or will he score a TD?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Randy Moss - Fan reaction and/or will he score a TD?

Post by Mothman »

Just Me wrote:I always have liked Moss. (The Mothman knows that, right? :D ).

Yes, I do!
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

VikingLord wrote:I'm getting tired of the Moss talk. Moss was a great receiver at one time. He came back. He insulted the team. Even though I didn't like Chilly and agreed with some of what he said, I thought it was another in a long line of classless acts on his part.

I don't expect anyone to boo him, but as a Vikings fan, cheering for him at this point also seems a bit much.
Sorry VikingLord, I am going to have respectively disagree.

I am a Minnesota Vikings fan, so even though I fall in 'love' with a lot of our players, at the end the day my ultimate allegiance is to the team. This however, does not hold true for Randy Moss. Moss was my childhood idol and as all of us know it is extremely hard to disregard one's childhood hero. I was almost 13 when Moss was traded away to Oakland. I was devestated. I have followed Randy ever since he has left us, hoping one day he would return. When we traded for Moss in 2010 I was beside myself (I almost cried :lol:). I was pissed when he left us because of Childress. I still hope I can see him one day on this team even though the only way that will happen is if he retires here.

I cannot wait to be at this game. I hope Randy scores. In fact, if he torches us I really couldn't care less. We are going to lose anyway.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
headless_norseman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by headless_norseman »

VikingLord wrote:I'm getting tired of the Moss talk. Moss was a great receiver at one time. He came back. He insulted the team. Even though I didn't like Chilly and agreed with some of what he said, I thought it was another in a long line of classless acts on his part.

I don't expect anyone to boo him, but as a Vikings fan, cheering for him at this point also seems a bit much.

The next chapter reads as this is when Chilly head lost the whole team. I remember. Twas back in the States and driving across frickin S Dakota and coming back into Iowa listening to the Bear game debacle. I was saying then we had to get rid of him.
A successful coach needs a patient wife, loyal dog, and great quarterback - and not necessarily in that order.

-- Bud Grant
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:I am a Minnesota Vikings fan, so even though I fall in 'love' with a lot of our players, at the end the day my ultimate allegiance is to the team. This however, does not hold true for Randy Moss. Moss was my childhood idol and as all of us know it is extremely hard to disregard one's childhood hero. I was almost 13 when Moss was traded away to Oakland. I was devestated. I have followed Randy ever since he has left us, hoping one day he would return. When we traded for Moss in 2010 I was beside myself (I almost cried :lol:). I was pissed when he left us because of Childress. I still hope I can see him one day on this team even though the only way that will happen is if he retires here.

I cannot wait to be at this game. I hope Randy scores. In fact, if he torches us I really couldn't care less. We are going to lose anyway.
:govikes:
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

GBFavreFan wrote: That probably is the case. I think he's sort of in the same position Peyton Manning is in. They know their career is finishing up so they're not trying to conquer the world or prove anything, they just want to wind up their careers without getting themselves killed and take care of any unfinished business. In Peyton's case its securing his last big payday and testing out his neck/arm to play the game he loves one more time. In Moss' case it was about proving he still had value to a team (since no one wanted him last year) and scoring one TD to break his all-time TD tie with Terrell Owens. I would bet this is Randy Moss' last year so I'm not surprised he'll take even more precaution about taking big hits.
Dude, Peyton Manning took a TON of hits last night against the Falcons and still had Denver moving at the end.

Randy Moss has always shied away from contact, and he's reached the ridiculous stage now. His curl-into-a-fetal-position move against Green Bay, with nobody close to tackling him, was embarrassing. You can't possibly compare Peyton Manning to THAT.

And by the way, who gives a damn about his all-time TD tie with Terrell Owens? If you're playing for your own stats, you've got no business being out there.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Knoxx
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Knoxx »

I know I won't be cheering for him. I was a fan of his for his first two seasons in the NFL, but then he started disrespecting the team and sponsors of the team. He continued this behavior after we brought him back so I have no love for him.
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

I don't care much for Moss. He was great early in his career and could have broken all the records but he let his head swell. He was Shut down in the playoffs completely and never came thru when he had to. I'm suprised he even made the 49ers roster. Of course he is playing against our secondary so he could easily score
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

One of the best WRs of all time and hope he gets a ring with SF. He could be a Packer, Lion, or Bear...he's on a legit team, with a good coach, and a QB that's finally clicking.
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Laserman wrote:I don't care much for Moss. He was great early in his career and could have broken all the records but he let his head swell. He was Shut down in the playoffs completely and never came thru when he had to. I'm suprised he even made the 49ers roster. Of course he is playing against our secondary so he could easily score
I'm not a fan anymore, either.

But as far as the playoffs are concerned, you have to hand this to him ... the TD against the Pack at Lambeau with the faux mooning of the crowd was an epic maneuver.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

I'm curious - did y'all "not care" for Cris Carter when he went to Miami? I know CC was pretty much a Viking throughout his career but Moss put MN on the map in the late 90's/early 00's. I attribute much of the success and near super bowl berths to him (Moss).
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

Maybe he will moon us. :)
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida