Randy Moss - Fan reaction and/or will he score a TD?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Randy Moss - Fan reaction and/or will he score a TD?

Post by Crax »

So, Randy is coming back to the metrodome as a 49er next week. He hasn't done a lot for the 49ers so far, but did get a TD in game 1. Yesterday the defense was playing really far off of him and he caught a pass for a 14yd gain and immediately dropped to the ground. One of his catches in game 1 was like that as well where he just seemed to drop without even getting hit. I know he's never been known for taking hits, but he actually seems to be avoiding them at all costs now.

Main questions for the thread:
How many vikings moss jerseys are we going to see in the crowd at the dome?
If Randy makes a catch or a TD, is he going to get cheers?
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Re: Randy Moss - Fan reaction and/or will he score a TD?

Post by NextQuestion »

I'm going for Randy. He has my support as he's on the best NFL team at the moment. He does seem to just fall down before taking hits but he's been doing that for a few years now.
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
GQVikesFan
Rookie

Post by GQVikesFan »

If he scores a TD I am certain that buff guy that always sits in the front row will catch Randy Moss like old times. I am happy that Randy is with the 9er's. He may get his Super Bowl ring this year.
canadaviking08
Franchise Player

Post by canadaviking08 »

i think the fans should cheer him during introduction but after kickoff, he is part of the opposing team so no more support. We should definitely not boo him but cheering is out of the question. However I will always support Randy Moss, he has given us some great years while as a viking
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

I am going to the game and I will be sporting my old Moss jersey I wore through out late-elementary to late middle school. As soon as tickets went on sale, I immediately bought tickets to the Niners game just to see Randy. I couldn't care less if Minnesota loses, I just want to see Randy score. :lol:
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

I expect Moss will be a minor distraction, but a non-factor in the game. Vernon Davis has the potential to catch 15 balls against the Vikings' linebackers. The 49ers will have the Vikings linebackers so shell shocked that they'll be able to run Frank Gore right down their throats all day.
headless_norseman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by headless_norseman »

Crax wrote:

Or we'll we see some 'We want Randy' on our team signs?
A successful coach needs a patient wife, loyal dog, and great quarterback - and not necessarily in that order.

-- Bud Grant
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

headless_norseman wrote:
Or we'll we see some 'We want Randy' on our team signs?

That would be awesome. I would love to have the fans react like that, maybe he would come back after the season :)
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Crax wrote:So, Randy is coming back to the metrodome as a 49er next week. He hasn't done a lot for the 49ers so far, but did get a TD in game 1. Yesterday the defense was playing really far off of him and he caught a pass for a 14yd gain and immediately dropped to the ground. One of his catches in game 1 was like that as well where he just seemed to drop without even getting hit. I know he's never been known for taking hits, but he actually seems to be avoiding them at all costs now.
He caught a slant against the Packers, took two steps, dropped to the ground and curled up into the fetal position. That's not an exaggeration.

I loved him in the early years. Not so much anymore, except for the memories. He's a shell of his former self. My guess is he'll be a nonfactor next Sunday.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: I loved him in the early years. Not so much anymore, except for the memories. He's a shell of his former self. My guess is he'll be a nonfactor next Sunday.
If he was playing against another secondary, I might agree, but remember he is facing our pass defense. I'm hoping for a good game from the D, but I'm mentally prepared for Moss to get 4 receiving TDs...
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Vikefan68
Transition Player

Post by Vikefan68 »

First SF offensive play from scrimmage will be a go route for Moss. booook it!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Crax wrote:So, Randy is coming back to the metrodome as a 49er next week. He hasn't done a lot for the 49ers so far, but did get a TD in game 1. Yesterday the defense was playing really far off of him and he caught a pass for a 14yd gain and immediately dropped to the ground. One of his catches in game 1 was like that as well where he just seemed to drop without even getting hit. I know he's never been known for taking hits, but he actually seems to be avoiding them at all costs now.

He'd better not get any from Vikings fans.

I think he could score a TD in the game but unless that happens, I doubt he'll have a big impact.
TeamChaplain
All Pro Elite Player

Post by TeamChaplain »

Burn your 84s..... I expect Randy to come out of the chutes and have a huge game.
From the Fjords of ValHalla
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

I'm getting tired of the Moss talk. Moss was a great receiver at one time. He came back. He insulted the team. Even though I didn't like Chilly and agreed with some of what he said, I thought it was another in a long line of classless acts on his part.

I don't expect anyone to boo him, but as a Vikings fan, cheering for him at this point also seems a bit much.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

I always have liked Moss. (The Mothman knows that, right? :D ). Having said that: Moss is like Barry Sanders to me. I liked him, I wanted him to have good games except for twice a year when the Lions played Minnesota.

I want Randy to get shut out next Sunday. After that, I'll cheer him on...
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!