Vikings VS 49ers Predictions

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

JellyBean2144
Starter

Re: Vikings VS 49ers Predictions

Post by JellyBean2144 »

I like our chances. I know some folks are writing us off but I think that we can beat the 49ers.

Vikings 24
49ers 17

:rock:
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Marmatag49ers wrote: On to another point: Singletary is a horrible, horrible coach. In every way imaginable. He argued AGAINST the drafting of Patrick Willis and Navorro Bowman. These 2 guys are the best ILBs in the game right now, and it's all in spite of Singletary. And he PLAYED & COACHED that position.
You guys will be better off without him on your staff and i'm being 100% serious.
I agree with you. Anybody who resorts to praying regarding personnel moves as I heard Singletary did during his time as head coach of the 49ers should not be in charge of personnel. I didn't know that he was against drafting Willis and Bowman (oh how I wish the Vikings had drafted Bowman when they had the chance), but it wouldn't surprise me.

If Singletary's story demonstrates anything, it's the value of getting rid of a bad coach and how replacing him with a good coach can result in a relatively rapid turnaround on the field.
radar55
All Pro Elite Player

Post by radar55 »

mondry wrote:Vikes 30 - 49ers 27

We get a sack fumble returned for TD and a harvin kickoff return for TD, a rudolph TD and 3 field goals!
Did I read this correctly....the Vikings will score 6 TIMES against the 49's......I hope your right but I'm not sure if this offense will cross mid field more than twice let alone score 6 times

49's in a blowout 34-3
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

radar55 wrote: Did I read this correctly....the Vikings will score 6 TIMES against the 49's......I hope your right but I'm not sure if this offense will cross mid field more than twice let alone score 6 times
Well, if you read that again, it means the offense only scores one touchdown. That sounds perfectly reasonable, but counting on the defense and special teams to score twice could be a little optimistic.

Looks like everyone is already penciling in San Francisco to play in the Super Bowl. It's a LONG season, folks.
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

Eli wrote: Well, if you read that again, it means the offense only scores one touchdown. That sounds perfectly reasonable, but counting on the defense and special teams to score twice could be a little optimistic.

Looks like everyone is already penciling in San Francisco to play in the Super Bowl. It's a LONG season, folks.
Correct, it's very optimistic to expect TD's from those places, but I think it might be our best chance of winning too.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Matthew Stafford and Aaron Rodgers were a combined 4 of 12 (33.3 percent) passing with 93 yards and an interception when throwing more than ten yards downfield against the 49ers split-safety defense. Rodgers and Stafford each ranked among the top ten in the league in Total QBR, completions, yards per attempt and touchdowns on throws traveling more than ten yards downfield last season.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/nflpreview?gameId=320923016
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

OK - Time to get (semi) serious here. I know the Vikes could win and "any given Sunday" comes into play. All "bold predictions" and "Madden Simulations" aside, here is what I actually believe the outcome will be:

Prediction

Sorry, wish I believed differently... :(
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

fortunately for us that stat has no meaning!
FailedtoOpen
All Pro Elite Player

Post by FailedtoOpen »

mondry wrote: fortunately for us that stat has no meaning!
The secret to beating the 49'ers defense lies within the Vikings and their short passing plays.

This may sound strange but I am more afraid of 49ers offense then their defense. Their offense is actually quite stacked in terms of weapons as of now and tomorrow will be a test of the Vikings run defense as well as their pass rush.
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

:giveup: forfeit !!!!!!!
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

:giveup: forfeit !!!!!!!
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

mistackles :smilevike:
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

40 burger
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Valhalla wrote:Now that game time is approaching and it's going to be in Minnesota, I'm feeling better about the Vikes at least being competitive.

I think they will be too. Playing at home should help. Reading some of the posts around here this week, it would be easy to think the Vikings were an 0-2 team that had suffered two blowouts already instead of a 1-1 team that has played two close games. Sure, the probable quality of the opponents has to be considered and SF represents a much bigger challenge but unless the Vikes self-destruct, I think they can be competitive against the 49ers and I don't even think an upset is out of the question.
Last edited by Mothman on Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Mothman wrote:
I think they will be too. Playing at home should help. Reading some of the posts around here this week, it would be easy to think the Vikings were an 0-2 team that had suffered two blowouts already instead of a 1-1 team that has played two close games. Sure, the probably quality of the opponents has to be considered and SF represents a much bigger challenge but unless the Vikes self-destruct, I think they can be competitive against the 49ers and I don't even think an upset is out of the question.
I hope the two of you are correct, and I'll be watching the game (regardless of how painful it might be) but I just see the 49ers as a "significant upgrade" over the two teams we played to "draws," essentially (with one game needing overtime to win, and the other losing in the final seconds). We are at home, but we were against Jacksonville, too. The Vikes are at home so that is the only sliver of optimism I can muster in this game. I'd happily come in here after the game and "eat crow" on my predicition if the Vikes pull off the upset :smilevike: :v):
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!