Vikes/Colts post-game thoughts

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Re: Vikes/Colts post-game thoughts

Post by hibbingviking »

Luck looks better than ponder already. Ponder looks like another kyle orton. 2009 seems like along time ago.
A.D_blazing
Transition Player

Post by A.D_blazing »

hibbingviking wrote:Luck looks better than ponder already. Ponder looks like another kyle orton. 2009 seems like along time ago.
Vikings defense made Gabbert look like an improved Qb,so I expected Luck to play very well against minny D.

Oh did J. Allen play against the colts? :rofl:
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

Watching the Niners operate against Detroit is giving me the willies for our next game. :shock:

The Niners are two leagues above the Vikings.
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

soflavike wrote:Watching the Niners operate against Detroit is giving me the willies for our next game. :shock:

Miss the days when the lions were the laughing stock of the nfcn.
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

GBFavreFan wrote:He seemed like he was playing for somebody else, or following someone else's instructions instead of relaxing and just playing football and being himself.
Musgrave wants him to be a game manager, Musgrave is 80% of the problem, when they absolutely had to take the handcuffs off and come from behind Ponder looked fine.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Charlies Johnson should be nothing more than a backup tackle, because he can't play guard. Plug anyone else in there and see how he does.

Rudolph is a darned good pass catching tight end, but he's an absolutely terrible blocker. Worse than Shiancoe, even, which is saying something.

The undersized Fusco and Sullivan are better pass blockers than run blockers. Neither of them have been getting any push off the line.

I think it's going to be very long season for the running game. We already know the issues in the passing game. The offense won't be able to fall back on Peterson this season.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

soflavike wrote:Watching the Niners operate against Detroit is giving me the willies for our next game. :shock:

Reason for hope: The lowly Cardinals knocked off the Patriots. The 49ers aren't invincible.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Eli wrote:Charlies Johnson should be nothing more than a backup tackle, because he can't play guard.
He's worse at tackle. But I agree. He's the weak link over there. I was hoping we wouldn't miss Hutch all that much. I'm sadly mistaken.
Rudolph is a darned good pass catching tight end, but he's an absolutely terrible blocker. Worse than Shiancoe, even, which is saying something.
I disagree. Shiancoe was very poor. Rudolph has blocked fairly well. I distinctly remember PFF and Pelissero agreeing that he's the superior blocker between the two. But you're right, Shiancoe set the bar pretty low and Rudolph is only surpassing it by about an inch.
The undersized Fusco and Sullivan are better pass blockers than run blockers. Neither of them have been getting any push off the line.
Not from what I've watched. In the last game especially, both Fusco and Sullivan won their one-on-one battles the majority of the day. I didn't pay as much attention to them specifically today, but AD routinely found room up the middle thanks to their blocking. Fusco seems to be handling himself very well (particularly as a run blocker) and Sullivan is a solid center. They are the least of our concerns (and with Fusco, a first-year starter, that's a very good thing).
I think it's going to be very long season for the running game. We already know the issues in the passing game. The offense won't be able to fall back on Peterson this season.
It's hard to fall back on something you're already leaning against from the beginning :)
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

Purplemania wrote:Just watching how amazing the 9ers are tonight and how much they improved asap when they got a good coach...and how poor the Saints are playing without their HC....its frustrating.
Can't take anything away from harbough but the big difference is the 9ers were loaded with talent when he came in. I bet they will have 5+ probowlers on that defense alone! Our team had / has a lot of names left over from 2009 but all of them on the downside besides peterson / harvin.

Ultimately what we may need is a new head coach, who knows, but I wouldn't expect anyone to get this team to the playoffs anytime soon. That's just the sad state of the team right now unfortunately.
DarthBrooks
Transition Player

Post by DarthBrooks »

The offense just looks out of rhythm, and that goes on Musgrave. The positive I guess, is that when the team gets a new coach the missing bit of talent will be addressed.
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

Lions just lost, so Vikes are back in 1st!!!

Reading the negativity on this board, I'd never guess the Vikes were in 1st.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

VikingPaul73 wrote:Lions just lost, so Vikes are back in 1st!!!

Reading the negativity on this board, I'd never guess the Vikes were in 1st.
I wouldn't count on it staying that way for long.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

VikingLord wrote: I wouldn't count on it staying that way for long.
This is the ultimate optimist/pessimist situation: We are back in 1st, but...we are also back in last place :mrgreen:
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
saint33
All Pro Elite Player

Post by saint33 »

if you want to get technical, we're in neither last nor first place. Green Bay has the best division record at 1-0 so they would be in first, and Chicago has the worst at 0-1 so they'd be in last. We could even determine that we'd be in 2nd place over the Lions, because they've lost a NFC conference game against the 9ers, while our loss was vs. an AFC opponent.

but who wants to get technical?
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

saint33 wrote:if you want to get technical, we're in neither last nor first place. Green Bay has the best division record at 1-0 so they would be in first, and Chicago has the worst at 0-1 so they'd be in last. We could even determine that we'd be in 2nd place over the Lions, because they've lost a NFC conference game against the 9ers, while our loss was vs. an AFC opponent.

but who wants to get technical?

COOL!!!! WE ARE IN 2nd PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :v):
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!