Somebody needs to JACK MUSGRAVE UP!!!

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

DanAS
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Somebody needs to JACK MUSGRAVE UP!!!

Post by DanAS »

Hunter Morrow wrote:I don't know what the vikings did for the first 42 minutes of this game, but in 6 minutes they scored 2 touchdowns.

For the first 40 plus we called Worse Than Big 10, Bare Bones, Not Even Vanilla Because At Least Vanilla Is A Flavor offense. No draws, screens, play action or trick plays. Run, Run, 2 yard pass to Harvin, toss sweep to Harvin, Run, Run. Man. If you were to look at all the pass plays for more than 5 yards in this first 3 and a half quarters of this game you'd probably have less than 10, maybe not even 5.

What the hell? Then when we start executing a more aggressive style...

2 touchdowns in 6 minutes.

How can laymen Vikings fans be the ONLY ONES to notice this? The Wilfs need to grab these guys by the throat (I'd say balls, but I'd hate to make the Wilfs wait 40 minutes for the Vikings coaches to find them) and DEMAND MORE AGGRESSION.
The first TD was a fluke. A double deflection? That's interception city. Talk about luck.

I don't think the Vikings have confidence in their "Game Manager" of a QB. I don't have that confidence either. It's too bad we didn't do what the Foreskins did and trade for RG3.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

Juice wrote:
Well, I'll take his word for it since he was at the game where he had a good view of that part of the field. Pete Bercich also commented on it on Rosen Sports Sunday tonight.
It's been mentioned that quite a few announcers were pointing out plays with other people being open that were being missed. Maybe our receivers aren't as complete garbage as some of the writers make them sound like? Multiple people have mentioned Ponder is staring down his receiver.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Juice wrote: Because Peliserro said they were getting no separation. I only heard the announcers mention he missed Rudolph once. Who were the others?
He missed Harvin towards the end of the first half on 3rd down. Harvin was wide open but it resulted in a punt and then the defense collapsing and giving up the TD rather than the FG. His only deep throw (off the top of my head), also to Harvin, was poorly thrown (the one where Percy was called for offensive PI).

However, overall he was accurate but since you asked for examples...
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

S197 wrote:He missed Harvin towards the end of the first half on 3rd down. Harvin was wide open but it resulted in a punt and then the defense collapsing and giving up the TD rather than the FG. His only deep throw (off the top of my head), also to Harvin, was poorly thrown (the one where Percy was called for offensive PI).
I'm not sure if that one was poorly thrown or if the DBs just cut off Harvin's path to the ball. Maybe it was a little of both but Harvin wasn't open and I think he committed PI because the DB was in a much better position to catch the ball than he was...

Whatever happened on that one, it was ugly.

Ponder also threw deep to Jenkins near the goal line and there was a semi-deep pass to Rudolph (I can't even remember if that one was completed!). They definitely didn't throw downfield much.
smoothoperator
Transition Player

Post by smoothoperator »

jenkins definitely could have caught the jumpball in the endzone, but he is not talented enough.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

smoothoperator wrote:jenkins definitely could have caught the jumpball in the endzone, but he is not talented enough.
I thought it was just a good defensive play. Jenkins went up for it and the defender got an arm up and knocked it out of his hands.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

Agree with Mothman. Jenkins did almost all the right things and looked to be in bounds. The defender was right there and timed it well though. Was worth a shot.
smoothoperator
Transition Player

Post by smoothoperator »

i agree there was a good defensive play there, but i thought it looked like jenkins could have hauled it in if he would have fought harder for it
Juice
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Juice »

S197 wrote:He missed Harvin towards the end of the first half on 3rd down. Harvin was wide open but it resulted in a punt and then the defense collapsing and giving up the TD rather than the FG. His only deep throw (off the top of my head), also to Harvin, was poorly thrown (the one where Percy was called for offensive PI).

However, overall he was accurate but since you asked for examples...
I forgot about that Harvin pass on 3rd down. Thanks for the examples.
"They say no matter how hard you work, there's always someone, somewhere working harder than you. Guess what? I'm that someone." -Kevin Garnett
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Mothman wrote: I thought it was just a good defensive play. Jenkins went up for it and the defender got an arm up and knocked it out of his hands.
Yeah I agree, that would have been a tough one to haul down. Maybe if it was Megatron...
smoothoperator
Transition Player

Post by smoothoperator »

or vinny jack, who we should have signed
Delaqure
Franchise Player

Post by Delaqure »

It will be very interesting to see if the play call gets any different when Simpson returns.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

Delaqure wrote:It will be very interesting to see if the play call gets any different when Simpson returns.
Yep. I'm anxious to see that game against the lions.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Rice comes down with that. Floyd comes down with that. Any good #1 with that kind of size and plenty of Jenkins like #2s come down with that. Jenkins doesn't. Hopefully when Simpson returns Jenkins can come down with the pink slip.

:rofl: I crack myself up.