Week 2: Vikings @ Colts Game Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Lash Man
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Week 2: Vikings @ Colts Game Thread

Post by Lash Man »

VikingLord wrote: The Vikes need it the whole game. Waiting until the ends of games is not going to get it done in the pros.

We'll all see why next week against the 49ers.
Agreed but its the whole team not just Ponder , this defense is not improved one bit over last year .
LETS GO VIKINGS ! :rock:
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

soflavike wrote:Maybe we should have managed the clock a little smarter on our final TD drive. Left them too much time on the clock.
I don't think that's it. I mean, we actually burned quite a bit of time with running plays, and you generally think you can hold a team with 30 seconds left, but not our D
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Just Me wrote:Ah well. Frankly the score was closer than it should have been. The Vikes played poorly today on both sides of the ball
To put it mildly.
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

VikingLord wrote: Just wait till the Vikes play a good team next week and see what you think.
is suicide an option
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Still trying to figure out why we blitzed Harrison Smith on that final drive of Indy. Not a good call. Oh well, next week is another week and another game.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

VikingLord wrote: Indy helped that tremendously by trying to run repeatedly. Had they kept their ears pinned back and passed it wouldn't have been nearly that close.
Or who knows, the Rookie Luck may have made a mistake like that 22 yard sack he took. A pick in any of those series would have been disastrous and considering how the Vikes were playing on Offense it was probably the right choice.
CalVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CalVike »

Kansas Viking wrote:Shades of Ahmad Rashad! :D
So true and we almost pulled it out! Go Vikes!
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

FailedtoOpen wrote: They came back and scored 14 points in the 4th quarter. That always puts a smile on my face.
PONDERS TD PASS WAS A HORRIBLE THROW but tipped. Game should have been over other then PURE luck. But whatever floats ur boat.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

mondry wrote: Or who knows, the Rookie Luck may have made a mistake like that 22 yard sack he took. A pick in any of those series would have been disastrous and considering how the Vikes were playing on Offense it was probably the right choice.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Vikings don't get another pick all year. To get a pick you need to cover, and this secondary doesn't cover - they cower. They play it conservative and safe and even that doesn't work most of the time for them.
petev_sj
Veteran

Post by petev_sj »

This was a badly managed team. Ponder has to take charge and just audible at the line. The coaches call the plays, but it's the QB that pulls the trigger. I am waiting for Ponder to start taking charge the way Manning and Brady does.
petev_sj
Veteran

Post by petev_sj »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: PONDERS TD PASS WAS A HORRIBLE THROW but tipped. Game should have been over other then PURE luck. But whatever floats ur boat.
I disagree it went right into Rudolf's hands, Rudolf has to hold on to it tighter, but it all worked out.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

petev_sj wrote:This was a badly managed team. Ponder has to take charge and just audible at the line. The coaches call the plays, but it's the QB that pulls the trigger. I am waiting for Ponder to start taking charge the way Manning and Brady does.
Don't hold your breath.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Vikes should really be 0-2 right now. I suspect they'll win just enough games this year to ensure they can't draft Barkely.

Ponder looks like a career backup to me. He looks like a younger Rosenfels - a guy who will probably stick in the league for a long time, but never become the main guy.
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:Still trying to figure out why we blitzed Harrison Smith on that final drive of Indy. Not a good call. Oh well, next week is another week and another game.
Well, he can't cover worth a damn, so why not blitz him? :confused:
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

petev_sj wrote: I disagree it went right into Rudolf's hands, Rudolf has to hold on to it tighter, but it all worked out.
He's talking about the first TD pass (that looked like they were playing vollyball when the receiver caught it)
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!