McNabb: Favre knew I was in trouble with Vikings

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

McNabb: Favre knew I was in trouble with Vikings

Post by dead_poet »

“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: McNabb: Favre knew I was in trouble with Vikings

Post by The Breeze »

i agree that he was in trouble because of the o-line,.....but if he really thinks his phone is going to ring he's nuts. he was just as lame as the line.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

The Breeze wrote:i agree that he was in trouble because of the o-line,.....but if he really thinks his phone is going to ring he's nuts. he was just as lame as the line.

If anything, he was more lame...

If McNabb is truly mystified that his phone isn't ringing with a team on the other end eager to sign him then he must be delusional. His half-hearted effort and numerous throws into the ground last season indicated to the whole league that he was done. I think the only way he'll get another shot is if injuries leave some team devastated and desperate.
PsyDanny
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PsyDanny »

Mothman wrote:
If anything, he was more lame...

If McNabb is truly mystified that his phone isn't ringing with a team on the other end eager to sign him then he must be delusional. His half-hearted effort and numerous throws into the ground last season indicated to the whole league that he was done. I think the only way he'll get another shot is if injuries leave some team devastated and desperate.
Devastated as in QB1 is injured, QB2 was shot by a jealous girlfriend, QB3 is in jail, and the popcorn vendor burned her hand.
"My anterior orifice is forever causing me extreme difficulty;
therefore, I shall endeavor to acquire some self-control."
dkoby
All Pro Elite Player

Post by dkoby »

Who is McNabb??
The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds,the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps.
Elenore Roosevelt. 1945
BGM
Hall of Famer

Post by BGM »

McNabb is Spartacus! No... wait... sorry. Wrong thread.

:mrgreen:
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

the whole universe knew except for McNabb after a few games
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

80 PurplePride 84 wrote:And Brett needs to go away too.
You know the media can't quit Brett Favre (and vice-versa). If things get slow, he'll probably text a picture of his junk to Justin Bieber for attention.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

andrew luck is on a bad team. sad a rookie looks better than mcflabb
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

80 PurplePride 84 wrote:Ok Donovan its the Vikes OLs fault that you're working for the NFL Network and not an NFL team right now. :roll:

What's your excuse for 2010 with the Skins then?
Your last question is what summarizes my take on the issue. It irks me to see him talking trash about our team, but I do find enjoyment in watching him continue to diminish himself. What a tool.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
canadaviking08
Franchise Player

Post by canadaviking08 »

PsyDanny wrote: Devastated as in QB1 is injured, QB2 was shot by a jealous girlfriend, QB3 is in jail, and the popcorn vendor burned her hand.
:rofl:
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

GBFavreFan wrote: So what did Brett Favre do exactly to put himself in the media with this one? This wasn't based on an interview Brett requested with NFLN, McNabb namedropped Favre's name from of a private conversation they had. I think the myth of "Brett Favre the media hound" and the people who proport that myth, is who needs to go away, the actual person Brett Favre isn't doing anything but enjoying his retirement in his own community and doing 1-2 interviews in a year for personal friends and making appearances at NFL functions.
Obviously I wasn't being serious. It's Favre. I'm not rational when talking about him due to my hatred (some respect, but mostly hatred) for the guy for so many years.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

80 PurplePride 84 wrote:When the Bears, his hometown team, didn't even sniff him and went with Caleb Hanie and Josh McCown last year after Cutler's injury you knew he was done.
I agree. McNabb's most recent performances with the Skins and Vikings revealed that he's slipping badly and the other NFL teams know it.

Apparently, McNabb does not. He's not doing himself any favors by being in denial.

McNabb should retire.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

losperros wrote:I agree. McNabb's most recent performances with the Skins and Vikings revealed that he's slipping badly and the other NFL teams know it.

Apparently, McNabb does not. He's not doing himself any favors by being in denial.

McNabb should retire.
I thought he did about his second game start with the Vikings :wink:
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

He was horrendous last year. I was screaming for us to cut Webb, keep Rosenfels and start Ponder game 3 with Rosenfels mentoring him. Was that the right call? YEP.