Blair Walsh Nominated for Rookie of the Week

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Cliff
Site Admin

Blair Walsh Nominated for Rookie of the Week

Post by Cliff »

http://www.nfl.com/voting/rookies/2012/ ... 0000059991
Blair Walsh, Minnesota Vikings

Walsh was 4 of 4 on field goals including a 55-yard field goal to send the game into overtime followed by a 39-yard field goal in OT to defeat the Jacksonville Jaguars, 26-23.
This guy has an AWESOME leg. Glad they picked him up.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Re: Blair Walsh Nominated for Rookie of the Week

Post by Just Me »

Cliff wrote:http://www.nfl.com/voting/rookies/2012/ ... 0000059991
This guy has an AWESOME leg. Glad they picked him up.
Ditto! Nice to see...
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
canadaviking08
Franchise Player

Post by canadaviking08 »

I tried to pick him up in both of my fantasy league. I was successful in one of them but the other, he was snatched by my older brother, another die hard vikings fan :rofl:
yesmanfan
Backup

Post by yesmanfan »

who are the other nominations? nm, i see the link now, im guessing RG3 win, but my vote is for walsh..his fgs were so impressive and clutch. and his kickoffs helped his team big time too.
BGM
Hall of Famer

Post by BGM »

Love what he did on Sunday! Now hoping he develops the consistency that makes a good kicker into a great one.
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

I would love to see Blair Walsh win offensive rookie of the year. After Ponder's development and our secondary play I think Walsh will be the biggest factor in this teams success. If he continues to hit it like he did this past game we could go places.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

BLAIR WALSH WINS NFC SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK HONORS

Eden Prairie, MN (September 12, 2012) – Vikings rookie K Blair Walsh has been named the NFC’s Special Teams Player of the Week for his performance against the Jacksonville Jaguars. The 6th-round draft pick out of Georgia was a perfect 4-4 on field goals in his NFL debut. Walsh connected on FGs of 20, 42, 55 and 38 yards, he was 2-2 on extra points. The 55-yard kick sent the Vikings/Jaguars game to overtime and is tied for the 2nd longest FG in team history. Walsh connected on a 38-yard FG in overtime that proved to be the game-winning kick. The 38-yard kick is tied for 3rd longest OT winner in team history.

Walsh is the 1st rookie kicker in Vikings history to win the NFC Special Teams Player of the Week award. Ryan Longwell is the last Vikings kicker to win the award in 2008. Other Vikings kickers to win the award are: Fuad Reveiz (2x), Gary Anderson (4x), Eddie Murray and Ryan Longwell (2x)
http://www.startribune.com/blogs/56735627.html
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

:thumbsup: :smilevike:
i'm ready for a beer.
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

canadaviking08 wrote:I tried to pick him up in both of my fantasy league. I was successful in one of them but the other, he was snatched by my older brother, another die hard vikings fan :rofl:
I got him in my league. I figured there would be a lot of drives ending in the red zone, like last year, and he would get a bunch of 3's. Four of them this game (vs. two TD's) - yep, I called that right, at least for the time being.

I also picked up Harvin and Rudolph. And I have Fleener and Reggie Wayne. So the bulk of my scoring is supposed to come from 2 of the worst 3 teams in the league. :wink: But they all performed this week, well enough to win my game and have the second most points. Of course, I had Matt Ryan, who I think led everyone in NFL fantasy scoring.