Vikings VS Colts Predictions

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Vikings VS Colts Predictions

Post by vikeinmontana »

vikes > colts

my guess is we win by 10

20-10

:smilevike:
i'm ready for a beer.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Awesomeness.
From @bloodstrib, Colts HC Chuck Pagano called Brian Robison "a rolling ball of butcher knives."
Dan Wiederer on Twitter
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Juice
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Juice »

Judd Zulgad ‏@1500ESPNJudd
LB Dwight Freeney (ankle) did not take part in practice and sounds like he won't play for the Colts on Sunday vs. the Vikings.
"They say no matter how hard you work, there's always someone, somewhere working harder than you. Guess what? I'm that someone." -Kevin Garnett
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Packers beat Bears, Niners beat Lions, Vikings beat Colts. Could it happen?
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
9man
Transition Player

Post by 9man »

Vikes win 28-21
Greg
Career Elite Player

Post by Greg »

Vikes 34
Colts 21

:govikes:
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Should be a win, they're a great match up for us. Another close one since still two bad teams playing each other.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

Raptorman wrote:Packers beat Bears, Niners beat Lions, Vikings beat Colts. Could it happen?
that's really funny. the vikes could be 2-0 atop the division with a solid game against the colts. they would control their own destiny :rofl:
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Reasons for optimism:

Behind Enemy Lines: Colts aggressive 3-4 defense susceptible to big plays
2. The Vikings’ defensive line should be salivating at the battered offensive line it’s about to face.

Luck and running back Donald Brown might be in the most danger this season operating behind a line that doesn’t provide much security.

The Colts are particularly susceptible on the interior. Center Samson Satele is in his first year with the team. Starting left guard Joe Reitz is currently out with a knee injury and has been replaced by Seth Olsen, who at best is a mediocre back-up. At right guard, Mike McGlynn is also in his first year in Indianapolis. So is right tackle Winston Justice, who left Sunday’s game with a concussion and was relieved by Jeff Linkenbach, another subpar reserve.

“[Against Chicago], there were leaks everywhere, primarily up the middle,” Chappell said. “And if you ask any quarterback, they want protection up the middle so they can step up. Luck couldn’t step up, he stepped out.”
3. The Colts have changed their defensive philosophy entirely but remain vulnerable in the secondary.

You thought the Vikings were atrocious defending the pass in 2011? Well, the Colts were the only team to allow opposing quarterbacks to complete a higher percentage of their throws (.712). Things certainly weren’t much better in Week 1 with Chicago’s Jay Cutler completing 21 of his 35 passes for 333 yards and two touchdowns. The Bears rolled up 428 yards of total offense, scored 41 points and had five players record receptions of longer than 20 yards.

The days of the Tampa 2 defense are history in Indy. And the new hybrid 3-4 defense installed by coach Chuck Pagano is much more aggressive – sometimes dangerously so.
“Now they’re pressing more and if the pass rush isn’t there, they’re going to give up 20 and 30 yard plays,” Chappell said. “That’s the tradeoff with this defense. They’re pressuring more and they’re putting their corners out there more.”

And the Colts’ depth at corner is worrisome. Jerraud Powers was solid in the opener. But Vontae Davis, who was acquired in a trade with Miami two weeks ago, struggled and may still need some time to adapt to the new system. Plus Justin King and Cassius Vaughn, the Colts’ third and fourth corners, just aren’t very good.
“The starters are OK,” Chappell said. “It’s the third and fourth corner who are going to get them beat.”

Making matters worse, premier pass rusher Dwight Freeney left the season opener in the first half with an ankle injury and may not be at full strength this week.
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikin ... 66546.html
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
CalVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CalVike »

Vikings 31
Colts 17
thatguy
Hall of Famer

Post by thatguy »

Man, the Vikings need Jerome Simpson in their game if they want to really push the envelope.

Either way, Vikes got this one.

23-14 Vikings.

SKOL
"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." ~Thucydides
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

thatguy wrote:Man, the Vikings need Jerome Simpson in their game if they want to really push the envelope.

Either way, Vikes got this one.

23-14 Vikings.

SKOL
:D Welcome back!
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
TheIrishVikingsFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by TheIrishVikingsFan »

I think the Vikings win this one. But I think it will be a close one again.
Two below average teams playing eachother But the Vikings are better.
UltraNasty850
Backup

Post by UltraNasty850 »

I'm sick of some of you saying we are a "bad" team or that you dont have any confidence in the team. Why be a Vikings fan then? Do you not remember Ponder almost beating the 15-1 Packers last year? Lost by 6 ON THE ROAD. Keep talking about all your theories and what you think about the coaching staff or individual players. They are all professionals and most of them have the potential to be elite.

I am a realist, but why LOVE something so much and talk down about it all the time? Come on guys, its football, its VIKINGS football!

Vikes over Colts 28-14.

One of those TDs is a Percy KO return, 1 its APs, and the other two are Ponder to Rudolphs. Quote it.

Stay purple my friends.

Oh and if we win this game, beat the 49ers (or have a good game) we WILL have confidence and quite a bit of momentum built up....

SKOL! :v):
Twitter - @Andy_FA_

Bleed Purple
TheIrishVikingsFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by TheIrishVikingsFan »

UltraNasty850 wrote:I'm sick of some of you saying we are a "bad" team or that you dont have any confidence in the team. Why be a Vikings fan then? Do you not remember Ponder almost beating the 15-1 Packers last year? Lost by 6 ON THE ROAD. Keep talking about all your theories and what you think about the coaching staff or individual players. They are all professionals and most of them have the potential to be elite.

I am a realist, but why LOVE something so much and talk down about it all the time? Come on guys, its football, its VIKINGS football!

Vikes over Colts 28-14.

One of those TDs is a Percy KO return, 1 its APs, and the other two are Ponder to Rudolphs. Quote it.

Stay purple my friends.

Oh and if we win this game, beat the 49ers (or have a good game) we WILL have confidence and quite a bit of momentum built up....

SKOL! :v):
Its not about being the best fan. Its a fact the Vikings are one of the poorer teams in the NFL and there is no point lying about it.
We should beat the Colts, but I'm not going to think were in line for a run at the superbowl if we do.