Winfield plays days after brother's murder

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Juice
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Winfield plays days after brother's murder

Post by Juice »

Vikings cornerback Antoine Winfield played Sunday’s game with a heavy heart, thinking of his brother that was murdered late Wednesday night. Winfield talked about football and teammates that helped offer a brief respite.
More at link: http://min.scout.com/2/1219982.html
"They say no matter how hard you work, there's always someone, somewhere working harder than you. Guess what? I'm that someone." -Kevin Garnett
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Winfield plays days after brother's murder

Post by vikeinmontana »

:shock:

as a guy who lost my own brother when i was a teenager, this story is so inspiring. thanks for sharing. :(
i'm ready for a beer.
thatguy
Hall of Famer

Re: Winfield plays days after brother's murder

Post by thatguy »

Antoine is a real fighter. Little guy - huge heart. Definitely my favorite Vikings player on the roster. I love all the usual superstars, but I've always appreciated his effort and him being able to make up for the fact that he's considered small for a football player. Love that guy.
"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." ~Thucydides