Vikings #1 in the NFC North!

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Vikings #1 in the NFC North!

Post by Crax »

I think the Vikes beat the colts, so you most likely have at least another week after this one to say it.
PotGoblin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by PotGoblin »

actually if the bears win on thursday then they would be 2nd due to the tie-breakers. But hey I would still take the 2-0 tie (with them getting the tie-breaker for now) since it would mean the darlings of the nfl packers would be 0-2.
Purple Pride till the end.
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

I prefer to look at it as a game up on the Pack :D
Rus
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Rus »

GBFavreFan wrote: Considering Luck put up 300 yards on the Bears in Chicago, he'll likely put up 600 yards on us in Indy! But seriously i'm not as confident in that Colts game as I was when the schedule was first announced. But wouldn't that be something if next week Monday we can say the Vikings are 2-0 and the Packers are 0-2!!! :rock:
300 yards plus a few interceptions is also why he got beat up. That and he took some sacks.

If he tries to gamble like that against the Vikings, he'll have a tough time winning no matter how many times he moves the markers. If he's rattled about how he played in that first loss, he might not take the chances he took, and he might not move the markers all that well.

It's really that second game after your first pro loss that you really see where a quarterback is going to go with it. It's even worse, I'd imagine, if you took that loss in your first "real" game because that voice in his head saying "you've got to turn this around now" might get you into even more trouble.
-Rus
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

For me, it's that the packers are alone in last place. As are the Giants, oddly enough.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

it's funny because I heard Rodgers made a bet and the losing QB would have to wear the opposite QB's jersey all week. Rodgers SHOULD be sporting an Alex Smith jersey. Though, knowing him, he'll fudge out of it.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

Luck hangs onto the ball a lot and forces passes he shouldn't. I.e., he's a raw as hell rookie. I think Allan will show up and a team that has been year in, year out tops in the league with sacks and quarterback hits will be a factor.

Still, we made Gabbert look like a rockstar. Wanna be a rockstar for one day as a lousy QB? Come to Minnesota. You'll hang 200, 300+ yards, multiple touchdowns and we'll never pick you off.

Hey, Tim. What's happenin'?

Nice abs!
FailedtoOpen
All Pro Elite Player

Post by FailedtoOpen »

Hunter Morrow wrote: Still, we made Gabbert look like a rockstar. Wanna be a rockstar for one day as a lousy QB? Come to Minnesota. You'll hang 200, 300+ yards, multiple touchdowns and we'll never pick you off.
Gabbert didn't just look good because of the Vikings defense, he actually improved.
dkoby
All Pro Elite Player

Post by dkoby »

Hunter Morrow wrote:Luck hangs onto the ball a lot and forces passes he shouldn't. I.e., he's a raw as hell rookie. I think Allan will show up and a team that has been year in, year out tops in the league with sacks and quarterback hits will be a factor.

Still, we made Gabbert look like a rockstar. Wanna be a rockstar for one day as a lousy QB? Come to Minnesota. You'll hang 200, 300+ yards, multiple touchdowns and we'll never pick you off.

Hey, Tim. What's happenin'?

Nice abs!
He will pick apart our lame defensive secondary. the colts played the Bears, still one of the better defenses.
The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds,the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps.
Elenore Roosevelt. 1945
dkoby
All Pro Elite Player

Post by dkoby »

FailedtoOpen wrote: Gabbert didn't just look good because of the Vikings defense, he actually improved.
Well, we shall see, he had our second round pick (really our first round pick) looking all over the place for the football.
The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds,the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps.
Elenore Roosevelt. 1945
saint33
All Pro Elite Player

Post by saint33 »

PotGoblin wrote:actually if the bears win on thursday then they would be 2nd due to the tie-breakers. But hey I would still take the 2-0 tie (with them getting the tie-breaker for now) since it would mean the darlings of the nfl packers would be 0-2.

better yet, if the Bears lose to the Pack and the Lions lose to the 9ers as I suspect, all the Vikings need is a win in Indy to be sitting solely atop the NFC North :point:
saint33
All Pro Elite Player

Post by saint33 »

dkoby wrote: He will pick apart our lame defensive secondary. the colts played the Bears, still one of the better defenses.

One of the better defenses.... with an asterisks. A better defense, with a poor secondary. Vikings ranked 26th against the pass last year...... Bears 28th
thatguy
Hall of Famer

Post by thatguy »

Vikings #1 in the NFC North? Get used to it - we'll be there allllll season long! SKOL
"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." ~Thucydides
Knoxx
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Knoxx »

Welcome back Thatguy!!!!! It certainly is a pleasant supprise to be #1
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

thatguy wrote:Vikings #1 in the NFC North? Get used to it - we'll be there allllll season long! SKOL
I really wish you'd try to cheer up! Your pessimism is starting to drag me down. :P :lol:
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!