Vikes-Jags Game Day Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

mondry
Hall of Famer

Re: Vikes-Jags Game Day Thread

Post by mondry »

I don't think he was offsides either but what can ya do! It's one of those things like Jim first said, he was so fast off the ball and destroyed gabbert so quickly that you kinda have to think, in the heat of the moment as a ref, that the logical reason that happens is the guy jumps early. It's safer in a sense to call the penalty then to have a teams QB' get wrecked and "miss" it so that might have played a role as well.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

mondry wrote:I don't think he was offsides either but what can ya do!
They need to get those laser thingys they use in tennis! :lol:
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Just Me wrote: They need to get those laser thingys they use in tennis! :lol:
That's actually a really good idea ... lol
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

mondry wrote:I don't think he was offsides either but what can ya do! It's one of those things like Jim first said, he was so fast off the ball and destroyed gabbert so quickly that you kinda have to think, in the heat of the moment as a ref, that the logical reason that happens is the guy jumps early. It's safer in a sense to call the penalty then to have a teams QB' get wrecked and "miss" it so that might have played a role as well.
Funny part is, Gabbert got wrecked on the play anyway...

Allen is moving before the ball is snapped. Whether he's offsides, I can see how someone can say he's not, but I still think he left early on that play.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

VikingLord wrote: Funny part is, Gabbert got wrecked on the play anyway...

Allen is moving before the ball is snapped. Whether he's offsides, I can see how someone can say he's not, but I still think he left early on that play.
Remember, he can leave early as long as he doesn't cross the line of scrimmage or enter the "neutral zone" before the ball is snapped.

It doesn't matter now anyway. :)