Carr Cut?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

MWNANCe
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Carr Cut?

Post by MWNANCe »

Can someone explain the cut of Carr to me? With his experience I was surprised at the cut.
I don't get to watch the preseason games because I am in CA.. but what I saw I thought he did ok.
I believe..
Lash Man
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Carr Cut?

Post by Lash Man »

He just wasn't all that good :D
LETS GO VIKINGS ! :rock:
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

MWNANCe wrote:Can someone explain the cut of Carr to me? With his experience I was surprised at the cut.
I don't get to watch the preseason games because I am in CA.. but what I saw I thought he did ok.
One article said that Carr simply didn't turn it on the way the Vikings hoped he would. Also, from what I've read, the Vikings had to make some cuts to allow others on the roster. For example, part of the reason they cut Carr was because they liked the explosiveness on special teams from Marcus Sherels and Josh Robinson (both young DBs).

It looks as if the Vikings have gone with youth and are truly a rebuilding team. We'll see if it works out.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

losperros wrote:they liked the explosiveness on special teams from Marcus Sherels
Must have been impressive in practice, because I thought he was pretty unimpressive in preseason games. Still, more upside than Carr. I think they made the right move.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Eli wrote:
Must have been impressive in practice, because I thought he was pretty unimpressive in preseason games. Still, more upside than Carr. I think they made the right move.
FWIW, I get the impression the coaching staff likes Sherels a lot. I think they liked him last year and they like him now. So, yeah, maybe he looked good in practice or maybe it's a matter of his youth and potential. I agree that he wasn't outstanding in the preseason games. Not from what I saw, anyway.

OTOH, I didn't think Carr looked all that good either. So I agree with you on that one, too. The Vikings made the right move between the two players.
Juice
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Juice »

Eli wrote: Must have been impressive in practice, because I thought he was pretty unimpressive in preseason games. Still, more upside than Carr. I think they made the right move.
If I remember correctly, I thought the reports were saying that Sherels was the most sure handed option on ST leading up to the Texans game.
"They say no matter how hard you work, there's always someone, somewhere working harder than you. Guess what? I'm that someone." -Kevin Garnett