2012 Practice Squad

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

S197
Fenrir

Re: 2012 Practice Squad

Post by S197 »

80 PurplePride 84 wrote: Meh. Practice Squad players get rings too and its hard to blame him for staying on the 15-1 Packers rather than coming to the Vikings for 2 games then going into the off-season.

Either way he was going to get a shot at the Packers or some other teams active roster the next pre-season so why not go for a ring?
A ring by technicality, what an accomplishment :roll: .

He went for a ring (that he never got) rather than choosing to be on an active roster. Had he been on the roster, he would have not only had part of last season but also OTA's and training camp to learn the Vikings offense and possibly secure himself a job. He chose a piece of jewelry that he had no real right to over a legitimate job in the NFL. If that's the type of player you want on this team... I guess you're entitled to your opinion.

For me, that's not the type of player I want around, there are thousands of other people who are busting their #### to get the opportunity he passed up. And with that, I'm done with this thread as I have no intention of wasting anymore of my time on an unemployed WR. You asked why I dislike him (hate is a strong word) and there you have it.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

BGM wrote: Is it just me, or would Kropog be an awesome name for a Half-Orc Warrior?

Yeah... I'm a huge geek.
:point:
Half-Orc or Klingon. :wink:
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
BGM
Hall of Famer

Post by BGM »

Just Me wrote: :point:
Half-Orc or Klingon. :wink:
Oh yes!!!! AWESOME! :borg:
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

most of our starters would be on most nfl teams practice squads.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

mosscarter wrote:most of our starters would be on most nfl teams practice squads.
:roll: :confused:

Harvin, AD, Greenway, Kalil, Sullivan, Rudolph, Allen, Robison, Williams, Gerhart, Walsh, Winfield, Kluwe, Loadholt, Simpson, Yep looks like a list of practice squad players Except for the 5 starters that have already made the Pro Bowl. :lol:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

mosscarter wrote:most of our starters would be on most nfl teams practice squads.
Any change of opinion here that you might like to make :?:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
vikesfan87
All Pro Elite Player

Post by vikesfan87 »

How did Tyler Holmes look in training camp? He was a draft pick by my CFL team the Toronto Argonauts so I'm curious.

We could also use the o-line help in Toronto :D
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

vikesfan87 wrote:How did Tyler Holmes look in training camp? He was a draft pick by my CFL team the Toronto Argonauts so I'm curious.
I don't think anybody saw him play. :)