2012 Roster

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: 2012 Roster

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Why didn't they trade for Tom Brady and Larry Fitzgerald? God, Rick Spieman sucks!! :roll:
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Why didn't they trade for Tom Brady and Larry Fitzgerald? God, Rick Spieman sucks!! :roll:
:lol:

I guess trading for one of the worst corners in the league does something for you.

Whatever floats your boat.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Demi wrote: :lol:

I guess trading for one of the worst corners in the league does something for you.
To be fair, he was graded out as a middle-of-the-road guy. Young kid with upside. Depending on the compensation it's not going to be a huge move to get all riled up about. Only questionable in my mind if he's noticeably worse than Carr (who was cut).
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

80 PurplePride 84 wrote:I think Brian Hoyer could be a nice pick up for the Vikes to backup Ponder.
I agree. In fact, when Sage was cut, I was thinking that maybe the Vikings have their eyes on someone else.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

losperros wrote: I agree. In fact, when Sage was cut, I was thinking that maybe the Vikings have their eyes on someone else.

That's definitely possible and Hoyer is worth a closer look.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Todman signed to PS, Elimiman picked up by the Browns.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

S197 wrote:Todman signed to PS, Elimiman picked up by the Browns.

YES! I'm glad they signed Todman to the PS. I think the kid has potential.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote: Exactly... Or at least that is how we have viewed the corner position the last 5 years.

Gotta agree with you both. I'm sick of the Chili mentality of signing DBs that can't cover but they can hit. Fortunately, at least the Vikings seem to have scrapped the Chili dynamic of WRs that can't catch but they can run block. Well, I hope so, anyway. Some of our WRs don't catch all that well.

Anyway, the Vikings need better depth and coverage from their D secondary. Last season proved that.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote:To be fair, he was graded out as a middle-of-the-road guy. Young kid with upside. Depending on the compensation it's not going to be a huge move to get all riled up about. Only questionable in my mind if he's noticeably worse than Carr (who was cut).
Youth and upside are the obvious appeal and I agree that unless they gave up too much in compensation, this isn't a move worth getting riled up about. I'll be curious to see where Jefferson lands on the Vikings depth chart. He hasn't been in the league that long so I'm willing to keep an open mind. Young players can improve with good coaching and Vikes DC Alan Williams knows a little something about coaching defensive backs. Maybe he can help Jefferson develop the necessary skills to go with his athletic ability.

Jim
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

80 PurplePride 84 wrote: Vikes also confimed Jefferson trade for undisclosed Draft pick.

@$#@!* Disclose that draft pick! I want to know what they traded. :)

I figured Brown might be gone as soon as they needed to open up a roster spot. I thought Bowman would be able to earn a spot on the team but maybe it's a good sign that he didn't. It might indicate some actual improvement in the depth of the secondary.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

80 PurplePride 84 wrote: Pelissero RT'd a Cardinals beat writer who said that its the conditional rights to swap picks in the 6th or 7th round.

So basically the Vikings gave them nothing. Don't know what the conditions are though.

Thanks for the info!
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

THIS GUY IS A GREAT COMPONENT OF THE 2012 ROSTER:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M2UBEBc ... re=related
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Any reason why they're keeping Nick Taylor on IR instead of just giving him an injury settlement?
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Eli wrote:Any reason why they're keeping Nick Taylor on IR instead of just giving him an injury settlement?
If we give him a settlement is he a free agent? I've heard quite a bit about Patriots and some other teams putting guys on IR as a way to stash developmental guys while keeping their rights and giving them some time to get in football shape. Could it be something like this? :confused:
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Brian Price - DL - Bears

The Vikings are trying out free agent DT Brian Price on Friday.

Price has played in schemes like Leslie Frazier's with Tampa and Chicago, so he'd immediately know the terminology. The Vikings are looking for depth behind Kevin Williams and first-time starting NT Letroy Guion. Price has been a nose tackle in the league and could push Guion for snaps eventually if signed.
Source: Brad Biggs on Twitter
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly