Vikings VS Jaguars Predictions

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Vikings VS Jaguars Predictions

Post by dead_poet »

Daryl Smith - LB - Jaguars
Jaguars SLB Daryl Smith (groin) has been ruled out for Week 1 at Minnesota.

Smith suffered a setback after practicing fully on Wednesday. Jacksonville's defensive MVP a year ago, Smith's absence is welcome news for Vikings. Backup Kyle Bosworth is a major downgrade in his first NFL start.
Source: Ryan O'Halloran on Twitter Sep 7 - 12:48 PM
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote:Daryl Smith - LB - Jaguars
Jaguars SLB Daryl Smith (groin) has been ruled out for Week 1 at Minnesota.

Smith suffered a setback after practicing fully on Wednesday. Jacksonville's defensive MVP a year ago, Smith's absence is welcome news for Vikings. Backup Kyle Bosworth is a major downgrade in his first NFL start.
Source: Ryan O'Halloran on Twitter Sep 7 - 12:48 PM

That could really be a boon to the Vikings running game.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

I am VERY excited for this game, and other games this season, for one big reason: I will be able to actually watch the games on TV this year. Last year I was regulated to watching the team on internet every week. Not this year though because I got Sunday Ticket on the Playstation 3.

Honestly I think Minnesota should win the game, but if we lose I am not going to call it the end of the world. Like I have stated numerous times on this board, I am numb to the Vikings losing games.

Prediction: Vikes 21 Jags 17
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Thanks, 808vikingsfan. I like the analysis and the predicted outcome! :)

Jim
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Rookie Vikings WR Jarius Wright (ankle) has been ruled out for Week 1.

Wright hasn't practiced since going down in Minnesota's preseason finale, and is likely dealing with a high-ankle sprain. It's a big disappointment for the No. 118 overall pick, who had a shot at carving out some snaps during Jerome Simpson's three-game suspension. Wright should be considered week-to-week.

Source: Vikings.com
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

S197 wrote:

Grr... they drafted two WRs and by the team the season begins, neither one will be able to play. :( I hope Wright heals quickly.

Jim
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Mothman wrote:
Grr... they drafted two WRs and by the team the season begins, neither one will be able to play. :( I hope Wright heals quickly.

Jim
Definitely disappointing, he really showed up in the final preseason game. Hopefully he'll be good to go for Indy, if not, he should certainly be ready to go for San Fran.
admvp
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by admvp »

What's up guys? Good to be back.

I think we are going to have a really rough year... I don't think we're going to be a good team at all.

But I do think we'll start things off with a win, because as terrible as we'll be, I think Jacksonville is even worse.

I got Vikes 24, Jags 17. :rock:
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Adrian Peterson - RB - Vikings

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports that the Vikings are "aiming" to give Adrian Peterson (knee, questionable) 10-15 carries Sunday against Jacksonville if Peterson is cleared to play Sunday morning.

The Vikings still consider Peterson a game-time decision and won't make a "final determination" until after they see him go through warmups. We suspect the 10-15 carries is a bit of an optimistic projection, but it's definitely more than expected.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
FailedtoOpen
All Pro Elite Player

Post by FailedtoOpen »

Both teams are so similar. Strong running games, inconsistent passing offenses. Weak-Decent QB play, made worse by a somewhat weak WR corp. At this point I'd probably say the Vikings offense is stronger then that of Jacksonville, while Jacksonvilles defense is stronger then that of the Vikings.

?-? Don't really care who win (at least for now) just excited to watch football again.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

dead_poet wrote:Adrian Peterson - RB - Vikings

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports that the Vikings are "aiming" to give Adrian Peterson (knee, questionable) 10-15 carries Sunday against Jacksonville if Peterson is cleared to play Sunday morning.

The Vikings still consider Peterson a game-time decision and won't make a "final determination" until after they see him go through warmups. We suspect the 10-15 carries is a bit of an optimistic projection, but it's definitely more than expected.
Just shut him down then. If they don't feel he's 100% and able to start why are they trotting him out there in the first place. To "test" it? Sounds like a good way to get it reinjured if they're that unsure about it.
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

Demi wrote: Just shut him down then. If they don't feel he's 100% and able to start why are they trotting him out there in the first place. To "test" it? Sounds like a good way to get it reinjured if they're that unsure about it.
i agree. if he is questionable or if its a game time decision forget it. not worth his career or reinjuring it. :nono:
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

I think Ponder plays better in his first 4 games than Donovan did. HE WAS OUT OF HIS ELEMENT!

:point:

Even if Ponder throws picks, at least the football will be going into somebody's arms.
TreyDay
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by TreyDay »

Is there anything better than week 1 of the NFL? (rhetorical question)

My prediction
Vikings 23
Jaguars 9

I have a really strong feeling that our D will dominate this game and keep the Jags out of the endzone entirely. The only concern I have, is that they don't fall alseep on the run just because MJD isn't in the backfeild. Rashad Jennings showed in the pre-season that he is no slouch and is capable of breaking a big one given the chance. But if they stay focused and disciplined we will prevail big.

Key Players Defense: Jared Allen 2.5 sacks
Harrison Smith 1 Int

Key players Offense: Percy Harvin: 127 yds rec. 1 TD
Kyle Rudolph: 72 yds rec. 1 TD
Blair Walsh Project: 3 FG. 2 of which 50+ yards

Lets all hope for a entertaining game with no injuries and a 1-0 start for our Vikes!
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

Revised prediction, 2 touchdowns, 3 field goals for Vikings. Jags get 13.

23/13

Chris Kluwe/Blair Walsh 2012 For President