Vikings @ Texans Preseason Game Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings @ Texans Preseason Game Thread

Post by VikingLord »

All I can say is its going to be a long season... This team's starters are questionable in a lot of areas, but the lack of depth is truly glaring. Its hard for me to understand how a pro team can miss so badly for so long on personnel to get to the point this team finds itself.

I also have to question Frazier for not getting his starters more work. Ponder needs the reps, as do many other starters. I know that goes against convention, and I know that the Texans weren't playing their starters, but the Vikings are coming off a 3-13 season and have a 2nd-year QB. I think if there was ever a case where it made sense to buck tradition and get the starters more game-time situations this was it. Even just 2 or 3 series, especially given how ineffective they were in the last game against the Chargers, was warranted here.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

VikingLord wrote:All I can say is its going to be a long season... This team's starters are questionable in a lot of areas, but the lack of depth is truly glaring. Its hard for me to understand how a pro team can miss so badly for so long on personnel to get to the point this team finds itself.
I think it all started with a neophyte owner and the horrible failure of the "triangle of authority". The mistakes made going into the 2010 season, alone, set this franchise back two years. Brad Childress was an unmitigated disaster.

My verdict on Steve Spielman is going to have to wait a season or two. I'm pretty certain that he wasn't responsible for all of the bad personnel decisions in the past, so we'll have to see how he does going forward. Hopefully we don't have another Matt Millan on our hands.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Eli wrote:My verdict on Steve Spielman is going to have to wait a season or two
Who the heck is Steve Spielman? :-D
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

dead_poet wrote: Who the heck is Steve Spielman?
Rick's evil twin.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Eli wrote: Rick's evil twin.
Aaahhh....so that's why Rick Spielman seems to be in so many places at the same time.

I think you're on to something here, Eli! :D
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Harrison Smith fined $21,000 for his illegal hit. Wow.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

dead_poet wrote:Harrison Smith fined $21,000 for his illegal hit. Wow.

Holy moly! I guess it was a much bigger hit than I thought it was.