Vikings for TO?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

danewone
Practice Squad

Vikings for TO?

Post by danewone »

With our lack of any deep threats, What do you guys think of vikings pursuing for TO?? :?: :?:
AD + Vikings = Image
dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Vikings for TO?

Post by dead_poet »

danewone wrote:With our lack of any deep threats, What do you guys think of vikings pursuing for TO?? :?: :?:
Seriously?

Ug.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

I hope the Vikings stay away from him. Owens would be a fading stopgap with a bad attitude.
danewone
Practice Squad

Post by danewone »

why not dead poet?
AD + Vikings = Image
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

I was hoping this wouldn’t come up…

Owens, if signed, would immediately be the oldest guy on the team. You have to ask, are his well known locker room issues worth the declining impact on the field? I think there is a reason Seattle cut him this early. We don’t need to waste our time and money learning the same lesson, we already did that with McFlabb.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

mansquatch wrote:I was hoping this wouldn’t come up…

Owens, if signed, would immediately be the oldest guy on the team. You have to ask, are his well known locker room issues worth the declining impact on the field? I think there is a reason Seattle cut him this early. We don’t need to waste our time and money learning the same lesson, we already did that with McFlabb.

Well said. Owens would be a stopgap solution (IF he was a solution—he didn't make it past the first cut in Seattle) and a probable distraction. The Vikes don't need to bring another circus to town.
TeamChaplain
All Pro Elite Player

Post by TeamChaplain »

I'd rather we picked up ocho-stinkhole.

But if Plaxico Burress is still available... hmm that's a thought.
From the Fjords of ValHalla
GQVikesFan
Rookie

Post by GQVikesFan »

mansquatch wrote:I was hoping this wouldn’t come up…

TO got cut because Braylon Edwards outplayed him. They brought in 2 receivers to see who would replace Mike Williams and Braylon came out on top.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

TO=NO!
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

danewone wrote:why not dead poet?
I'm not Dead Poet, but I'll answer with a question of my own.

Why?

If a potential playoff team actually thought T.O. could contribute (Seattle didn't), then said potential playoff team would sign him.

We hardly qualify as a potential playoff team. We were 3-13. We're rebuilding. Signing T.O. does nothing to help us rebuild.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

I didn't think this needed much explaining. Others have provided the relevant points.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I would rather have Plax.. than Owens
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Juice
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Juice »

The Minnesota Vikings would qualify as one of those franchises, but despite their obvious needs at this spot, especially with Jerome Simpson suspended for the first three games of the regular season, they have shown no known interest in any of these veterans.

While each carries baggage that would scare off potential employers, that almost certainly is not the most important issue when it comes to why the decision-makers at Winter Park aren't interested.

A player such as the 35-year-old Burress simply does not fit the plan constructed by Rick Spielman and it's become extremely obvious that the Vikings general manager is not going to deviate from that plan.
http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Zulg ... lman082812
"They say no matter how hard you work, there's always someone, somewhere working harder than you. Guess what? I'm that someone." -Kevin Garnett
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

jackal wrote:I would rather have Plax.. than Owens
Me too
:v):
GQVikesFan
Rookie

Post by GQVikesFan »

Laserman wrote: Me too
:v):
I agree with this too. We need a big red zone threat.