Cuts thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Re: Cuts thread

Post by hibbingviking »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:This year Ponder at least has some targets, and a better Oline. He should excel. If he doesnt, we find a new QB and stop wasting time. I hope he does well, its been along time since we had a consistant young QB. And for the love of god, we need to let Webb go.
wouldnt mind veteran david garrard coming in to push ponder when he heals up too 100%. :smilevike:
Juice
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Juice »

hibbingviking wrote: wouldnt mind veteran david garrard coming in to push ponder when he heals up too 100%. :smilevike:
:puke: No thanks and wont happen. If they wanted a veteran they would've just kept Sage.
"They say no matter how hard you work, there's always someone, somewhere working harder than you. Guess what? I'm that someone." -Kevin Garnett
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

They need to make sure there's absolutely no competition for Ponder. As it showed when he lost his confidence last year, can't have anyone on the roster that might make him look over his shoulder.
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

competition is healthy. if ponder goes down we are finished. not that vikings will be competitive anyways. havent seen that much improvement by ponder in preseason. :confused:
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

hibbingviking wrote:competition is healthy. if ponder goes down we are finished. not that vikings will be competitive anyways. havent seen that much improvement by ponder in preseason. :confused:
I agree that the Vikes will have some significant obstacles to overcome if Ponder goes down (but only a few NFL teams wouldn't if their starting QB went down.) I strongly disagree with the latter part of your statement, though. I thought Ponder showed significant improvement in the pre-season. Whether or not that translates into success when the games count remains to be seen....
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!