Time For 2012 W/L Predictions

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Just Me
Hall of Famer

Re: Time For 2012 W/L Predictions

Post by Just Me »

akvikingsfan wrote:One day before the start of the season and I'll throw my prediction in here. I believe we will win between 6 and 10 games. It all depends on the offensive play. I believe our defense is good enough to keep us close (no blow outs) but I'm not sure if our offense can put up the points needed to win the games. If Peterson comes back strong and Ponder grows as a QB I could see us winning closer to 10 games. But if Peterson has lost a step and Ponder doesn't develop it can be another long season for us fans. My prediction is that we will be 9-7 with an outside chance of making the playoffs (as a wild card) late in the season, but we lose too many games down the stretch and miss the wildcard by 1 game.
If we lose the game next week we have akvikingsfan to blame. (and I'm consulting him prior to my next trip to Vegas as this would be 'scary accurate'). :D Here's hoping he's just "off enough" to be wrong on the Wild Card prediction... :smilevike:
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Time For 2012 W/L Predictions

Post by akvikingsfan »

Just Me wrote: If we lose the game next week we have akvikingsfan to blame. (and I'm consulting him prior to my next trip to Vegas as this would be 'scary accurate'). :D Here's hoping he's just "off enough" to be wrong on the Wild Card prediction... :smilevike:
I sure hope I'm off enough that we end up with 10 wins and make the playoffs. I would love to see us spank the Packers this week and the following week in the playoffs.