Reasons Cole should compete with Jasper Brinkley

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Re: Reasons Cole should compete with Jasper Brinkley

Post by NextQuestion »

People concerned he won't make 53 man roster? We're horrible at LB... He'll at least be a backup
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

Eli wrote: New England, maybe. But I'd say Green Bay has some sense of the value of linebackers and most likely aren't going to be grabbing the Vikings leftovers. They now have three linebackers on the roster that they selected in the first round.

A. J. Hawk, 2006, #5 overall
Clay Mathews, 2009, #26 overall
Nick Perry, 2012, #28 overall
Slight derail, but it sounds like Hawk might be on the bubble to not start this year. Mathews is obviously a stud though.

I agree that at this point a 1st round LB pick is likely, but we have a whole season ahead of us to see if JB pans out. It would be ideal if he does since we probably need to start thinking about finding KWill's replacement.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

mansquatch wrote: Slight derail, but it sounds like Hawk might be on the bubble to not start this year. Mathews is obviously a stud though.

I agree that at this point a 1st round LB pick is likely, but we have a whole season ahead of us to see if JB pans out. It would be ideal if he does since we probably need to start thinking about finding KWill's replacement.
They're probably far from done at WR too.