Rookie Buzz: Vikings' Audie Cole

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Rookie Buzz: Vikings' Audie Cole

Post by dead_poet »

You saw it. I saw it. Minnesota Vikings coach Leslie Frazier saw it. There is no doubt that rookie linebacker Audie Cole returned interceptions for touchdowns on consecutive defensive plays from scrimmage Friday night in the Vikings' 36-14 preseason victory over the Buffalo Bills. Rookie linebacker Audie Cole, who had only one career collegiate interception, had two picks Friday night against the Bills.

What each of us does with that information, however, could be substantively different.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_ ... audie-cole
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Rus
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Rookie Buzz: Vikings' Audie Cole

Post by Rus »

Watching him pick those balls, and hearing that he only had one pick in college is shocking. He followed those passes perfectly with his eyes, timed and positioned himself perfectly, reacted exactly like you want to...it was perfect form. Maybe he didn't get a lot of opportunities in the scheme he played in back at NC State...he played mostly SAM and middle. When he came out, I thought he was going to be one of those "good tackler, hard worker" types that might make it as a backup due to work ethic (and Brinkley coming back from an injury). Just watching him position himself for those passes, I thought "this guy's got Greenway like instincts".

He's also 6'5". The Vikings had another tall guy that was 6'5" (who was in the news recently) awhile ago that was an awfully good kick blocker. Blair was a better leaper, probably...but still...
-Rus