McLeod Bethel-Thompson

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

McLeod Bethel-Thompson

Post by Mothman »

The Pioneer Press has a nice article on backup QB McLeod Bethel-Thompson:

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_21 ... source=rss
dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: McLeod Bethel-Thompson

Post by dead_poet »

Nice piece. Thanks for posting. Really easy guy to root for. Hope he makes it. If not here, then somewhere.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote:Nice piece. Thanks for posting. Really easy guy to root for. Hope he makes it. If not here, then somewhere.
I hope so too. I wasn't impressed with his performance against SF but he did show off that arm on a throw or two. I'm guessing we'll see him quite a bit more over the next few weeks.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

MBT is definitely a blue collar player. I hope good things happen for him.

One has to wonder what the Vikings will do if he can pick his performance up during the rest of preseason. Does he leap past Webb on the depth chart? It's not like Webb has been lighting up the place either.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

losperros wrote:MBT is definitely a blue collar player. I hope good things happen for him.

One has to wonder what the Vikings will do if he can pick his performance up during the rest of preseason. Does he leap past Webb on the depth chart? It's not like Webb has been lighting up the place either.
Past Webb? What about Rosenfels? Webb is probably the #2 right now, but if he loses that position, it will be Rosenfels becoming the first backup, not MBT. For MBT to leap past Webb, Webb would have to fall to #3, and then be released from the team.

MBT will be cut, and then maybe clear waivers to be signed to the PS. Hopefully some other team, though, will see that big arm and look past the fact that he has little upside. And will get him the hell out of Minnesota. How many borderline non-NFL worthy QBs does one team need on its roster?
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

losperros wrote:MBT is definitely a blue collar player. I hope good things happen for him.

As Eli said, he'd probably have to leap past Rosenfels first. I think Webb's spot as the #2 QB is pretty secure this season. Next year? Who knows...
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

we should have made Webb into a wide out as soon as we knew Ponder was our guy
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Move Webb to receiver or if he's incompetent there as well maybe some wild cat team would give up a late round pick for him. Jets love these kind of guys.

Ponder/Sage/MBT is just as good as Ponder/Webb/Sage/MBT. Won't make a lick of difference. (Except MBT hasn't been given two years already to show he can play the position at an NFL level)
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Eli wrote:Past Webb? What about Rosenfels? Webb is probably the #2 right now, but if he loses that position, it will be Rosenfels becoming the first backup, not MBT. For MBT to leap past Webb, Webb would have to fall to #3, and then be released from the team.
Exactly.
Eli wrote:MBT will be cut, and then maybe clear waivers to be signed to the PS. Hopefully some other team, though, will see that big arm and look past the fact that he has little upside. And will get him the hell out of Minnesota. How many borderline non-NFL worthy QBs does one team need on its roster?

Good question. But then, I see Webb as one of the "non-NFL worthy QBs" on the team. So yeah, past Webb. I don't understand Webb being the #2 QB on the team. Rosenfels should be the #2 guy with MBT as the #3 QB unless another QB comes along. Webb should either play another position or possibly be cut.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Demi wrote:Move Webb to receiver or if he's incompetent there as well maybe some wild cat team would give up a late round pick for him. Jets love these kind of guys.

Ponder/Sage/MBT is just as good as Ponder/Webb/Sage/MBT. Won't make a lick of difference. (Except MBT hasn't been given two years already to show he can play the position at an NFL level)

You got it! I agree one hundred percent.
9man
Transition Player

Post by 9man »

Demi wrote:Move Webb to receiver or if he's incompetent there as well maybe some wild cat team would give up a late round pick for him. Jets love these kind of guys.

:thumbsup: I agree. But i don't know if a late round pick helps much. Atleast you know what you have in Webb.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Am I the only one who thinks that, for professional purposes, this guy should change his name?

How bout "Mac Thomspon"? Good football name.
Last edited by Eli on Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GQVikesFan
Rookie

Post by GQVikesFan »

Eli wrote:Am I the only one who thinks that, for professional purposes, this guy should change his name?

How bout "Mac Thomspon"? Good football name.
Yea seriously. His full name is McLeod John Balthazar Bethel-Thompson. Either shorten it or just change it to Ricky Bobby. :thumbsup:
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

GQVikesFan wrote: Yea seriously. His full name is McLeod John Balthazar Bethel-Thompson. Either shorten it or just change it to Ricky Bobby. :thumbsup:

Is it really?? OMG...
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
GQVikesFan
Rookie

Post by GQVikesFan »

PurpleMustReign wrote:
Is it really?? OMG...
Yes it is, I actually mispelled one of his names though. It is Baltazar not Balthazar.