Vikings Ranked 21# out of 32 teams

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

Vikings Ranked 21# out of 32 teams

Post by jackal »

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1283 ... mp/page/13

The vikings are improving quickly. This article had us as a better team than the saints and the dolphins..

hope it plays out that way in the regular season
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
indianation65
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Vikings Ranked 21# out of 32 teams

Post by indianation65 »

As a life-long Vikings freak, no matter the coach, players, stadium or supposed outlook, I am never happy if the Vikes aren't ranked in the top 5...make that the top 2. For me, 2 usually doesn't cut if if Minnesota loses the last game of its season.

...wisdom through never accepting mediocrity
...spirits in the wind and the trees
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Weird grading. Linebackers and secondary rated 'average'?? Yeah, right.
Juice
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Juice »

It's from bleacher report.
"They say no matter how hard you work, there's always someone, somewhere working harder than you. Guess what? I'm that someone." -Kevin Garnett
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

80 PurplePride 84 wrote: This.
And it was before the first week of Pre-season.

It's a stab in the dark about where they feel teams are ranked after the second week of training camp. Personally I don't think their predictions are any worse than what you would find on NFL.com at this point. They're all just guesses.

People want to write about it and saying "Things change so rapidly we really don't know how a given team will do from one season to another outside of the 4-5 teams that seem to do well every season in recent history!" is a short read.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

We were rated 29th a few months ago .. So I am really jazzed about is improvement..
Last edited by jackal on Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

It's.

Bleacher.

Report.

These "writers" aren't journalists. They have no access to anything ... players, coaches, GMs, team janitors, not even access to journalists. They're regular fans. Matter of fact, If any of you want to write for Bleacher Report, all you have to do is sign up.

It's not the slightest bit credible.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
radar55
All Pro Elite Player

Post by radar55 »

I think thats a VERY hopefull ranking at best. Who are the 11 teams that we are supposed to be better than?

In the NFC I would say we are a step above Wash, St. Louis & Tampa and

In the AFC the only 2 teams I would pick the Vikes over would be Cleve & Jax so that makes us the 27th team in the league

Just my opinion
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

vikings look like #32 out of 32 after tonight. :puke:
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

hibbingviking wrote:vikings look like #32 out of 32 after tonight. :puke:
I think we have the worst receivers and quarterbacks in the league too. :gone:
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

Demi wrote: I think we have the worst receivers and quarterbacks in the league too. :gone:
teams dont respect ponder and the wr's. hopefully ponder will make them pay but i havent seen any evidence of that yet. glad its only first preseason game. :yawn:
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

But you seem to have a hatred/no hope for Ponder based on a half of season and it seems you want him to fail just to be able to say "I told you so."
He's played football for more than a half year. He was nothing special in college and has continued it into the NFL, after a panic reach for him. And now in a meaningless playoff game he still plays scared and is always looking for a way out of the pocket. And then instead of sliding or going out of bounds, gets hit. In the first preseason game. This after all the reports about "lost confidence" last year. What kind of NFL caliber QB losses their confidence to that degree in one meaningless rookie season? Of course I don't want him to fail, but he still hasn't shown anything to make me think he's not going to.

And our backup QB shouldn't even be a QB.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Yeah Ponder sucks and there is no hope for him. He has had his chance playing for a great team with great wide receivers and excellent protection from his vaunted offensive line. He has been there for 1/2 a year and shows no promise. He is quite small (6-2 235 lbs.) and cant even play effectively with a severe hip pointer. Plus he is unintelligent, lacks athletic ability (cant scramble worth a darn). There is no hope :confused:
I guess I missed the meaningless "play-off game" that he played in. :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVVGRReRfhY
Last edited by Purple bruise on Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Purple bruise wrote:Yeah Ponder sucks and there is no hope for him. He has had his chance playing for a great team with great wide receivers and excellent protection from his vaunted offensive line. He has been there for 1/2 a year and shows no promise. He is quite small (6-2 235 lbs.) and cant even play effectively with a severe hip pointer. Plus he is unintelligent, lacks athletic ability (cant scramble worth a darn). There is no hope :confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVVGRReRfhY
LOL!

Yes, there's certainly no promise or ability shown in that highlight reel, is there? ;)

Ponder had a good college career and it might have been a great one if not for injuries. I don't know if he has the upside to become a great NFL QB but he could certainly be a good one. That's enough to win a championship in the NFL with the right team around him. Hopefully, he can be that kind of QB and the Vikes can build a winner.

There's certainly no reason to write Ponder off yet but he'll have a tough time turning some of his critics into believers. There are few sins greater than being perceived as the dreaded "reach" in the draft!

Jim
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Mothman wrote: LOL!

Yes, there's certainly no promise or ability shown in that highlight reel, is there? ;)

Ponder showed good and bad last season. By his own admission he has a lot to learn. But the good was really good, and I thought it did show promise, as witnessed in this reel. Sometimes it takes QBs more than one season to develop. Ponder is not the first and won't be the last QB to be that way.

Harvin made some big plays in this reel, too. Gee...I thought he never played because he's injured all the time. Someone wearing #12 is a heck of a player. :twisted:

Patience will hopefully be a virtue with this current Vikings team. That's part of rebuilding.