Vikings Ranked 21# out of 32 teams

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Vikings Ranked 21# out of 32 teams

Post by Mothman »

losperros wrote:Ponder showed good and bad last season. By his own admission he has a lot to learn. But the good was really good, and I thought it did show promise, as witnessed in this reel. Sometimes it takes QBs more than one season to develop. Ponder is not the first and won't be the last QB to be that way.

Harvin made some big plays in this reel, too. Gee...I thought he never played because he's injured all the time. Someone wearing #12 is a heck of a player. :twisted:

Patience will hopefully be a virtue with this current Vikings team. That's part of rebuilding.
:rofl:
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Yes, there's certainly no promise or ability shown in that highlight reel, is there?
Oh, a highlight reel, if there's any thing I'd use to judge a player's promise, it's a highlight reel. :lol:
What about the other 300+ snaps last year?
Hope springs eternal...
Harvin made some big plays in this reel, too. Gee...I thought he never played because he's injured all the time. Someone wearing #12 is a heck of a player.
Yeah he is, I figured he'd be in more highlights there, but I guess when you can't even manage 60% of offensive snaps, and are banged up all the time, it's hard to stay on the field.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Demi wrote: Oh, a highlight reel, if there's any thing I'd use to judge a player's promise, it's a highlight reel. :lol:
What about the other 300+ snaps last year?

Hope springs eternal...
Well, if by that you mean that we didn't all give up on Ponder before the draft when we saw that he wasn't 6' 4", then yes... hope springs eternal. :)
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

You know it's true: I searched "Spergeon Wynn highlights" on youtube and found only this link. Any highlight reel really CAN make anyone look good. Bring on Wynn!

:wink:

(I realize highlight reels are "highlight reels," but there still has to be something there (that shows promise) to get the highlights in the first place. Now to be fair, T. Jackson has a highlight reel too, so you always take them with a grain of salt. The biggest difference is that Ponder got his highlights in a half-season with no traning camp. I'd kind of like to see what he can do with a "normal" off-season before I pronounce him a "bust." It's hard enough being a Rookie with everything going for you, let alone the situation Ponder was put in...)
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

"Spergon Wynn get's killed"

You could probably make a similar highlight for TJoke and Ponder as well. All "athletes" who end up getting mauled because they can't play the position the way it needs to be played. :evil:
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Demi wrote:"Spergon Wynn get's killed"

You could probably make a similar highlight for TJoke and Ponder as well. All "athletes" who end up getting mauled because they can't play the position the way it needs to be played. :evil:
The point (and part of the Joke) was that this is the only "highlight" for Wynn. You are correct that TJoke has a similar "highlight" with his INT in his playoff game where he gets "body slammed," but he also has some decent plays to his credit (which I acknowledged). The difference is TJoke had several years and several chances to prove himself. Ponder (to date) has not. At the end of this year, I'll have a better feel for his skill level (or lack thereof). As far as making similar videos for QB's who "can't play the position the way it needs to be played" Favre's "highlights" from the NFC Championship game might not look much better. Just sayin...
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!