Jenkins

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Jenkins

Post by Mothman »

I mentioned above that Jenkins should still be able to play for a few years unless he can't completely come back from his injury. This doesn't bode well:

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Sour ... ings081412
Jenkins' situation is more complicated because concerns have been growing about his lack of explosion, which may stem from the surgery he had in late November to repair a torn meniscus in his left knee.

"I don't feel like it's an issue," Jenkins said of the knee on Tuesday, before the pay cut was revealed. "I'm just ready to go out and make plays."

He did that on Tuesday afternoon, catching four passes in team (11-on-11) drills and a couple more in a 7-on-7 red-zone period. But Jenkins' performance in Friday's exhibition opener at San Francisco was troubling, in large part because it reflected the same problems the Vikings have seen all offseason.

Dropping a back-shoulder pass that hit his hands on third-and-6 from the 49ers' 8-yard line was only the most visible issue. He moved like he had a flat tire as he has for much of camp, almost appearing to coast at a time he's in no position to do so.