Adrian Peterson Arrested in Houston

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Sam I Am
Waterboy

Adrian Peterson Arrested in Houston

Post by Sam I Am »

For resisting arrest, which means he was being arrested for something else.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ng-arrest/
Beat NY.
Sam I Am
Waterboy

Re: Adrian Peterson Arrested in Houston

Post by Sam I Am »

more details here: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -on-video/

On the bright side, his recovery must be going well if he is fighting of cops.
Beat NY.
CoryB2468
Waterboy

Post by CoryB2468 »

Great. How hard is it for these guys to stay out of trouble!? Seriously!
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

This link doesn't sound like AD did anything wrong.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -on-video/
Mike

Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

Kansas Viking wrote:This link doesn't sound like AD did anything wrong.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -on-video/
Oops, sorry. I didn't see that this had already been posted.
Mike

DanAS
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by DanAS »

I'm not jumping to any conclusions about the legal issues here. Nobody else should either. Let the facts come out first, please.

But I will offer a little non-legal social commentary.

I think I can count on one hand the number of times since college (three decades ago) that I've been outside of my house at two thirty in the morning. By contrast, professional athletes frequently are cited for violations at that hour.

I subscribe to the words of a certain patriot from the City of Brotherly Love: "Early to bed. Early to rise. Makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise."

Franklin knew how to live. But he also knew when to go to bed. I wish more athletes would follow his teaching.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

Sounds like cops on a power trip to me. Not that he needs the money, but if the video evidence proves it, I hope he sues the pants off them. Nothing encourages police to change more than financial incentive to do so.
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

most of us our biased as AD is our guy and the face of our franchise. so, whithout trying to sound like too much of a homer, let me add this. i give AD the benefit of the doubt as of right now simply because this is so out of character. the guy has never been in trouble. never had character issues. always been charitable and good in the community. so i will withhold judgement. had this been pacman jones or someone like that who seems to always be in the news....i'd be furious.

my early prediction is this will not be a big issue and we'll be happy there were so many cameras.
i'm ready for a beer.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Sounds very out of character for him. Whatever happens, I hope the process goes quickly, wouldn't be the end of the world if he sits out a few games at the beginning of the season.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

S197 wrote:Sounds very out of character for him. Whatever happens, I hope the process goes quickly, wouldn't be the end of the world if he sits out a few games at the beginning of the season.
I don't know if it's out of character per se. AD is the same guy who was pulled over for going over 100 in a 55 mph zone in Minneapolis, so it's obvious he's capable of getting himself in "situations".

What I don't understand, however, is how someone can be cited only for resisting arrest. To resist arrest, one must be under arrest for something else. It's that something else that would be of greater concern than the resisting arrest charge IMHO. What did AD do to get himself into the situation in the first place?
radar55
All Pro Elite Player

Post by radar55 »

It makes no sense to me why ANY high profile and recognizable athelete would choose to be out at a nightclub at 2:30 in the morning.
Nothing good ever takes place at that time.....

Its either being confronted by some drunk patron trying to make a name for himself, being accused of something by a female patron or a run in with the police.

Why in the world would someone who is supposedly rehabbing his knee choose to be out at a nightclub at 2:30am unless of course the trainer suggested a little break dancing as part of his recovery program...........but, I doubt it.
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

because they are still people. who enjoy having fun. and being with family and friends. not to mention, for many high profileathletes and celebs, sometimes these clubs and vip sections after hours are the safest place for them to be able to have a good time. and i can assure you that AD has been out late to clubs hundreds of times over the years and has never had an issue and no one here has complained about it.

and finally...just because you're at a club doesn't mean you're getting wasted, and doesn't mean you're dancing until dawn. i went to a friends club opening this spring and i was there until after 4 in the morning, barely had anything to drink, and never stepped on the dancefloor. and still had a blast.

we should wait to hear the facts.
i'm ready for a beer.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

DanAS wrote:But I will offer a little non-legal social commentary.

I think I can count on one hand the number of times since college (three decades ago) that I've been outside of my house at two thirty in the morning.
That's just f***ing sad. That's all there is to it.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Eli wrote: That's just f***ing sad. That's all there is to it.
:roll:
Rus
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Rus »

Cut that loser! Oh, wait. :P
-Rus