Adrian Peterson Arrested in Houston

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

Re: Adrian Peterson Arrested in Houston

Post by jackal »

Houston Police department has one of the worst reputations in the United States , right next to New Orleans Police

In the past, their officers have used throw down weapons after shooting innocent people and had dozens of other

scandals. This could be total garbage ..
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Chatted briefly with AP's lawyer, who believes the charges against his client will eventually be dropped but not likely quickly.
Asserted Hardin: "There aren’t going to be any witnesses, other than 1 or 2 of the officers, that claim he even touched an officer."
Dan Wiederer on Twitter
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Knoxx
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Knoxx »

Wow here in Packerland AD is guilty and was always been a trouble maker so my son's therapist says. Even when I asked outside of the speeding incident when has he been in trouble? She replied "Plenty of times" but couldn't name any.

My opinion on this matter is wait for the video to be released. Though I believe it will be destroyed if it does vindicate AD since it will make the club owner and police out to be liars. This outburst doesn't fit ADs profile at all he's known for being polite and in control of his faculties. Where's a blood alcohol test or at least a breathalyzer test to show he was under the influence.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Knoxx wrote:Wow here in Packerland AD is guilty and was always been a trouble maker so my son's therapist says. Even when I asked outside of the speeding incident when has he been in trouble? She replied "Plenty of times" but couldn't name any.

My opinion on this matter is wait for the video to be released. Though I believe it will be destroyed if it does vindicate AD since it will make the club owner and police out to be liars. This outburst doesn't fit ADs profile at all he's known for being polite and in control of his faculties. Where's a blood alcohol test or at least a breathalyzer test to show he was under the influence.
There would only be a test if he were arrested for DUI. I say wait for the video to get a better idea of what happened. I don't think it (the video) will be "destroyed" as most states have some law that cover destruction of evidence (with penalties a little on the stiff side).
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Now the video is going to be destroyed. :lol:

Cops on a power trip, and a "don't you know who I am" athlete who's wasted. I don't think either side is being 100% truthful...
radar55
All Pro Elite Player

Post by radar55 »

jackal wrote:Houston Police department has one of the worst reputations in the United States , right next to New Orleans Police

In the past, their officers have used throw down weapons after shooting innocent people and had dozens of other

scandals. This could be total garbage ..
You are correct it "COULD BE" total garbage.....but then again.....it "COULD BE" that AP was acting like a jerk.

Non of us know the facts and until they are confirmed I will reserve judgement but I do find it somewhat funny that people are so quick to jump to AP's defense simply because his father and his lawyer are both saying AP did'nt do anything. What would you expect the father to say.....If my kid had not drank so much he would have kicked the crap out of those f------ cops or maybe you were expecting AP's atty to say..... my client is guilty of all charges and a few they forgot to include as well.

Just to be clear, I dont trust the reputation of the Houston Police Dept or their initial reports but IMO........there is probably some truth to what both sides are saying and the outcome will end up being decided quickly so both sides can save face. Just my opinion.
lyzarde
Veteran

Post by lyzarde »

This is such a non story. This kind of stuff happens all the time in clubs, if it weren't someone famous it'd be over with by now. Booked, charged with something minor, pay fine, back to normal life.

I imagine it's a combo of a drunk guy + #### cops.

I think a lot of the defense of AP comes from the fact that he doesn't have a history and is generally considered a good guy. I think his only run-ins with cops before was speeding?

I expect this to blow over fairly quickly.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

I actually expect it to take alot of time before it blows over, if in fact it does. No one excpet those there know the fact, but I read a report where AD 'assulted' the off duty cop and there were other cops and witnesses there that saw. I dont want to see AD in any kinda trouble unless he in fact did something illegal, but at least it might keep him off the field a few games. Im so afraid of him getting injured cause he came back to soon since hes such a beast and in perfect health.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Peterson attorney Rusty Hardin says on @NFLLive that Peterson saw Dr. today for injuries suffered during arrest. Facial abrasions.
Kevin Seifert on Twitter

---
Strange. I didn't see any on his mug shot. Maybe his right cheek looks a little pinkish. http://www.webpronews.com/adrian-peters ... it-2012-07
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

dead_poet wrote: Kevin Seifert on Twitter

---
Strange. I didn't see any on his mug shot. Maybe his right cheek looks a little pinkish. http://www.webpronews.com/adrian-peters ... it-2012-07
Wow, and it was a day later and they found something? Give me a break.

Better sue them, clearly they Rodney Kinged his face in. :roll:
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Demi wrote:Better sue them, clearly they Rodney Kinged his face in. :roll:
Yeah, I have a problem with that too. If he was really hurt, go when it happened, not days later.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
9man
Transition Player

Post by 9man »

---
Wait...that is his mugshot? Why the hell is he smiling? This story keeps getting more and more rediculous
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Peterson attorney says witnesses will dispute police allegations

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikin ... 92765.html
bigskyeric
All Pro Elite Player

Post by bigskyeric »

dead_poet wrote:Peterson attorney says witnesses will dispute police allegations

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikin ... 92765.html
Good read :thumbsup: Thanks for that. I feel a lot better about the situation and if this proves to be true, we can all breathe a sigh of relief.
Seek and Destroy
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

---
He looks a little goofy in that mugshot....like he's wasted. I don't see any bumps or bruises either.