Adrian Peterson

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Adrian Peterson

Post by Purple bruise »

Sure is sad that the organization "blew" 10% of their cap money extending his contract :roll: what a waste :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

AP will still worry me every carry. He looked like megatron imo. Damn he heals fast !
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Purple bruise wrote:Sure is sad that the organization "blew" 10% of their cap money extending his contract :roll: what a waste :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
And we've had so many winning seasons with him. Guess watching him is better than not. But the 15 million a year from here on out isn't going to help any.

What does a great HB get you? Ask Chris Johnson, MJD, Jamaal Charles, Adrian Peterson, Frank Gore, Ray Rice, Steven Jackson.

And I'm sure that cap hit helps when you're working on a deal to extend Percy Harvin.

That's how you build a winning team, make a running back your highest paid player. :rofl:
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Demi wrote: And we've had so many winning seasons with him. Guess watching him is better than not. But the 15 million a year from here on out isn't going to help any.

What does a great HB get you? Ask Chris Johnson, MJD, Jamaal Charles, Adrian Peterson, Frank Gore, Ray Rice, Steven Jackson.

And I'm sure that cap hit helps when you're working on a deal to extend Percy Harvin.

That's how you build a winning team, make a running back your highest paid player. :rofl:
Yes you do when his name is Adrian Peterson :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Purple bruise wrote: Yes you do when his name is Adrian Peterson :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I disagree. Based on what I'm seeing on teams that are going to recent Superbowls (say, the last 10 or so), none have invested heavily at RB, and most have a stable of backs that alternate carries and/or situations. That doesn't mean these teams don't have good running attacks either, because many of them do run well as a team, but none are staking huge chunks on RBs.

Vikes could be the first to ride a RB to a Superbowl appearance. I suppose that's possible, but recent history suggests it was not a good move if the end result is wanting to get closer to a Superbowl.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Try this on for size: After shredding his knee, Adrian Peterson only missed one regular season game. :shock:
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Demi wrote: And we've had so many winning seasons with him. Guess watching him is better than not. But the 15 million a year from here on out isn't going to help any.

Demi, I cannot help but feel you would be signing a different tune if we let the guy walk last year. I guess I just cannot see why giving Adrian a 90 million dollar contract is a such a bad thing. He is not only our best player, he is one of the best players in the entire NFL. There would have been numerous teams willing to give Adrian the contract we did if we let him hit the market. Having Adrian on the team definitely doesn't hinder us in any way, shape, or form.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote:Try this on for size: After shredding his knee, Adrian Peterson only missed one regular season game. :shock:

WOW!!! That's awesome!!
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

A 95-percent Peterson says last 5 percent `like night and day'
Since Sunday, we've learned that whatever Adrian Peterson says is pretty much EXACTLY how it is. For eight months, he said he'd play in the season opener and eventually be back as good if not better than he as he was before. Then he carried the ball 17 times for 84 yards (4.9) and two touchdowns in Sunday's 26-23 season-opening win over the Jaguars.

So the assumption now would be that Peterson has not only met his goal of playing in the opener, but has also met his goal of being as good if not better than he was before.
Peterson says that's wrong. He says he's "95 percent" of what he was before.

This is where it would be unwise to doubt Peterson. He says the other five percent will come when he's got the explosiveness back in his game.

"[Five percent] might not look like much from the outside," Peterson said. "But it's going to be huge. ... Like night and day. Seriously."

At this point, with his history, do we have any choice but to believe him?
http://www.startribune.com/blogs/56735627.html
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
BGM
Hall of Famer

Post by BGM »

You know what conclusions I have drawn from the past few Super Bowls? There's more than one path to it and no one team has the magic bullet. What I do see is that the ones that make a habit of reaching the big game have a clear identity and vision.
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

Peterson doesn't have that second gear. Hopefully he will get it back.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Adrian Peterson - RB - Vikings

Adrian Peterson believes his left knee is stronger now than it was before shredding his ACL, MCL and meniscus late last season.

Vikings officials told FOX's Jay Glazer in training camp that they had seen a guy respond to reconstructive surgery like Peterson did, with so little atrophy and swelling. "I feel (the knee) is better than it was last year," Peterson said. "With that being said, I know that I've got a little ways to go to get to where I want to be." Peterson is averaging 4.2 YPC this year compared to 4.7 in 12 games a year ago. All that's missing so far is explosiveness to the edge. He's been fine between the tackles.
Source: St. Paul Pioneer Press
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

dead_poet wrote:Adrian Peterson - RB - Vikings

Adrian Peterson believes his left knee is stronger now than it was before shredding his ACL, MCL and meniscus late last season.

Vikings officials told FOX's Jay Glazer in training camp that they had seen a guy respond to reconstructive surgery like Peterson did, with so little atrophy and swelling. "I feel (the knee) is better than it was last year," Peterson said. "With that being said, I know that I've got a little ways to go to get to where I want to be." Peterson is averaging 4.2 YPC this year compared to 4.7 in 12 games a year ago. All that's missing so far is explosiveness to the edge. He's been fine between the tackles.
Source: St. Paul Pioneer Press
so like SOME of us said could happen.... :dude:
i'm ready for a beer.